Quantcast

Never too early for... WHISTLER 2005!!!!!!

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
Alright. Who is going to be up there this summer? Yeti (aka chris or triple 8)? Sean? Ben? Me and a buddy are planning on flying up there mid to later July and it'd be cool to meet people from RM like I did last year. Hopefully you guys will be up there at around the same time... if not, I may change my schedule around so I can be up there when you guys are!

So... who is going to be in DH heaven and when this summer?

Raacerx

Monkey
Im there. Dont know when, but Ill be there. Crankworx festival was a blast last year and the trails weren't nearly as crowded as one might expect.

But if you decide to get your shock rebuilt by Fox when your up there and they break it while doing so, dont expect them to replace it or help you out. Expect them to completely deny that you were ever even in Whistler and try to make you pay $120 for a mistake they made.

I will be there July 6-8. Good thing I convinced my parents to go on a family vacation to Whistler :D

I looked at your site Bushwacker and saw your Whistler countdown timer. I thought about putting one on my desktop, but figured it would make the wait less painfull if I wasn't reminded about it everyday. 3 more months!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I have been hoping to go in early to mid july because that always seems to be the time when most of my friends from all over are up there. However if I do make it up there this year I'd like to wait until freight train is open which won't be until later I believe...

Last word was freight train was opening July first, I sure hope so. I'm also quite intrigued by this
ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike said:
Jump Farm

Whistler Blackcomb introduces the world's first lift accessed Dirt Jump facility. The Platter lift at mid-station on Whistler Mountain is like a conveyer belt for you and your bike, making it effortless to access more jumps in less time. The Jump Farm is professionally designed by John Cowan, one of the best dirt jumpers in the world.

40-50 hits, long sets of rhythm flow and full progressions from small tables to huge gaps will add a new level of fun to the Park.
Makes we want to bring both the big bike and the dirt jump bike :think:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
ghettogt76 said:
Alright. Who is going to be up there this summer? Yeti (aka chris or triple 8)? Sean? Ben? Me and a buddy are planning on flying up there mid to later July and it'd be cool to meet people from RM like I did last year. Hopefully you guys will be up there at around the same time... if not, I may change my schedule around so I can be up there when you guys are!

So... who is going to be in DH heaven and when this summer?
Thanks for reminding about wistler ass hole, jest what I want to hear. wanna fight

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Can someone confirm when freight train is opening?

I am broooooke but if some of us SC heads carpool and room up we can save dough. I can get sick condos in the village for cheap I just need some advanced notice. I can't drive though this year...

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
How's the progress of the blasting? Could they work during the summer? Anyways, I just can't wait. It's going to be another great trip...

Monsta Tee, You coming? 777 will be there for 3 weeks!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
punkassean said:
Can someone confirm when freight train is opening?

I am broooooke but if some of us SC heads carpool and room up we can save dough. I can get sick condos in the village for cheap I just need some advanced notice. I can't drive though this year...
Sean I am soooo in if you guys get a carpool together.. I definitly don't have the cash this year to fly... last year I just went with the family but it won't go this year...

Talk to me here, I NEED whistler this year :heart:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Doodster I hear u. I want to make it happen but my truck will be getting serious work done starting July 1st and my funds are tapped. If we can do it on the chizeap then it's awn yo.

I can get sick 2-story 2br/2 bath condos with laundry and kitchen under $100 US per night. 8 or so people can sleep there easy. That's practically free.

jmeperu

Monkey
Jan 20, 2005
Santa Cruz
im goin up the 24th of july adn ill be there thru the 6th of july two weeks baby. last year i broke my foot on the first day and rode on it 8days later. then i snapped my RM7 in half. bad luck. the year befor my other RM7 got stolen. 3rd times the charm tho. i hope

calskierx

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
I almost feel rude for trying to get in on this but i want to go to , Id pay my way for gas to carpool and hopefuly i wont be a stranger by july, i ride N* all the time so im sure ill meet all you guys sometime.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Yo chris 888 triple eight yeti: I was planning for about july 20th, but I will leave earlier then. I'll meet up with you and ride and to drink beer. How is 777 doing anyway?? Also, I sold my frame, but not my fork :love: I need a frame now!!!

As for people driving there: if you leave the bay area at about 630 AM, drive about 75 MPH all the way up to whistler, you will get to whistler at approximately 1230 AM the next day, about 1027 miles later. I know this fromt experience :(

But yeah, my buddy and I were gonna fly up there, but I guess if enough people wanna carpool we could do that too.

Loren: it's your fault you're going to israel instead of whistler, retard. :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I don't know about that time estimate man. Last year I left at about 8 or 8:30am and drove about 70-80. I picked up a buddy in south Oregon and then again Portland. The Portland stop took about an hour all said and done. Then we drove all the way to north Seattle that night by 10pm. From Seattle to Whislter is only another 3-4 hours tops so we could have gotten in at no later than 2am if we drove straight through. Keep in mind my truck gets only ~180-200 miles per tank loaded down with 6 bikes and gear so we were stopping for gas often.

If you left at 6am and maintained 70-75mph you can do by no later midnight. The drive is 1100 miles from SC, if you drove straight through w/o stopping at 75mph it would take 14-3/4 hours, if you stop for food and gas a few times add a few more hours and say 18 hours max. It's really a mellow drive all-in-all...

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Must have been my fatass weighing the car down. Anyway, we stopped a lot, so that added to the time. Also got caught in a lot of traffic in portland and crap, so that added more time. Who knows. I know that's how long it took me last year... which is why I am going to fly is no one wants to carpool.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
ghettogt76 said:
Yo chris 888 triple eight yeti: I was planning for about july 20th, but I will leave earlier then. I'll meet up with you and ride and to drink beer. How is 777 doing anyway?? Also, I sold my frame, but not my fork :love: I need a frame now!!!

As for people driving there: if you leave the bay area at about 630 AM, drive about 75 MPH all the way up to whistler, you will get to whistler at approximately 1230 AM the next day, about 1027 miles later. I know this fromt experience :(

But yeah, my buddy and I were gonna fly up there, but I guess if enough people wanna carpool we could do that too.

Loren: it's your fault you're going to israel instead of whistler, retard. :rolleyes:

777 is doing good I think. I haven't talked to him in awhile. I think he's a bmxer now but he will be in whistler in june-july for 3 weeks. That bastard. I'm driving up with 2 friends from here... What frame are you getting?

Raacerx

Monkey
well my schedule is free beginning of July and I have the cash saved up, so sounds like Im going then too. Probably 2 weeks. We drove last year and cant remember exactly how long it took but it wasnt bad, especially with a 17" widescreen laptop up front. Only one speeding ticket around Redding. I got the 3am to 8am shift which sucked ass. Maybe Ian wants to drive again in the Safari? That thing is spacious!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
punkassean said:
Doodster I hear u. I want to make it happen but my truck will be getting serious work done starting July 1st and my funds are tapped. If we can do it on the chizeap then it's awn yo.

I can get sick 2-story 2br/2 bath condos with laundry and kitchen under $100 US per night. 8 or so people can sleep there easy. That's practically free.
Damn... cheap for sho... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm need a vehicle.

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
come over NOW so we can fight
I don't think I can ever take a comment like that from you seriously after seeing you in spandex and pink braces at GGG... :p And yes, that would be a funny scene.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
jmeperu said:
im goin up the 24th of july adn ill be there thru the 6th of july two weeks baby.
hey jamie, Did you mean 24th of June to the 6th of july? or 24th of July to 6th of august?
I am going in between nationals (Colorado and Utah) 7/25-8/03. except i'm not quite sure on how i'll be getting up there, or back for that matter. haven't been there in two years and i can't wait.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Zack said:
I don't think I can ever take a comment like that from you seriously after seeing you in spandex and pink braces at GGG... :p And yes, that would be a funny scene.
you missed it we fought on the way from the sandwich place to the bike shop yesterday

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Raacerx said:
Im there. Dont know when, but Ill be there. Crankworx festival was a blast last year and the trails weren't nearly as crowded as one might expect.

But if you decide to get your shock rebuilt by Fox when your up there and they break it while doing so, dont expect them to replace it or help you out. Expect them to completely deny that you were ever even in Whistler and try to make you pay $120 for a mistake they made.

A bit bitter are we my friend?...no need for that shock anymore..you gots your self a bad ass bike now

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
slalomrider1 said:
Um, since you rnot paying for any of the travel fares for me, there will be NO airplane head, i repeat NO airplane head...Unless im in the mood of course.... SHEEEET lABRIL SHEEETT IM GUnAN GO GIVE MY SASTER BORTIONS SHEET

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lab
you need to learn to put out for free

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Anyone know how much it was to stay in the village per night last year? I satyed way up at the residence in last year, and I don't wanna have to go that far to ride. So what'd places in the village cost?

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
ghettogt76 said:
Anyone know how much it was to stay in the village per night last year? I satyed way up at the residence in last year, and I don't wanna have to go that far to ride. So what'd places in the village cost?
we got a bad ass pad in the village for 90 canadian a nite...it actually came out super sick cuz they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom condo when our shower started leaking...

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Driving just takes along time. And with gas prices being so high it doesn't help. Only drive if you have multiple people going OR you end up driving a van or something you can sleep in once in Whistler.

Everythings cheaper up there unless our dollar goes to crap (seems like it has in other currency's).

Hell I'd have to get new tires as I don't want to take a 2500+ mile trip on super swampers. LOL that alone is reason enough for me to fly. I can put off getting tires :)

I'd like to go this year if possible. I dunno about spending 2 weeks up there but I'd want to spend as much time as possible going that distance to ride my bike.