Quantcast

New 07 Morewoods

trumbullrider

Monkey
Dec 12, 2005
CT
My bike: Shova LT

Red Bull's New bike

Thanks to Morewood, Neil, Richard, Brennen, Justin, and John for helping us get our bikes built.

Oct 24, 2006
nice, both bikes are sick... but i dunno if the double barrel was a good choice...

its going to make you want one!
they both look real good, when do you get to ride them

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Nice bikes!

Quick question trumbullrider: how tall are you? I'm thinking about getting a Shova LT. I'm 5'9" and leaning towards the small. Thanks.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Nice bikes!

Quick question trumbullrider: how tall are you? I'm thinking about getting a Shova LT. I'm 5'9" and leaning towards the small. Thanks.
i'll awnser for him since he's getting his prom on.

i think he's like 5'10. rode a small izimu last year and was pretty happy. However he says he feels alot more comfortable on the large shova. according to him its somewhere inbetween his small izimu last year and normal large izimu's this year. I'll let him explain in more detail but thats about it.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
So someone that is 6'1" should ride a large shova lt?
i blew up my front wheel on my izimu at a little team "race." rob was kind enough to let me take my run on his bike and while it was fun, it's definitely a different feeling bike. With pretty much the same cock pit setups, my bike felt a bit bigger up front, as well as more stable at speed. it could have been since i run my izimu in the slack position, or it could be because i'm 6'2.

if you like a really tight, nimble as all hell bike, the shova is youre ticket. if you want a bit more room and a bike thats a bit more stable at speed. then i'd suggest the izimu.

*both bikes ride really similarly travel-wise so i wouldn't be too concerned with that aspect of it

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC

i think he's like 5'10. rode a small izimu last year and was pretty happy. However he says he feels alot more comfortable on the large shova. according to him its somewhere inbetween his small izimu last year and normal large izimu's this year. I'll let him explain in more detail but thats about it.
Thanks for the reply. I'd like to hear a little more about the fit. I have fairly short arms so I don't want to be too stretched, but I don't want to feel like I'm riding a tiny bike either. I have a dh bike (17" Sunday), so I'm not looking for a super-stable at speed bike as much as a flickable fr bike. Thanks again.

trumbullrider

Monkey
Dec 12, 2005
CT

you know me all to well willy

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
Andre from Morewood had a Shova LT with a single crown Travis on it last year. It was wicked light with pretty flickable angles....The height of the travis made it very DH able, maybe not MT Snow DH, but most races....

Rob and Will are a cute couple....Rob, can will slow dance or what?

;)

B

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
You post..what about once a month, and when you do it is to clarify a dog breed?! Looks to me like a Lab or maybe a ridgeback. Hard to tell with the lighting and lack of head shot..and no, you can't get ridgbacks in black and they can't be used for freeride.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Haha. He's a hound mix. Likely Red Bone Coonhound mixed with ??. He's a great dog - very good disposition and dog/people friendly.