Quantcast

New 24 bike coming along-Fat daddy

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
And I must say it is looking really nice

Details

The Fat is still at the prototype stage. We have slightly redesigned it and we are working on the next prototypes. It should be available by this summer. The trick about the Fat Daddy are its 2 lower link locations. There is a Freeride and a DH one. Combined with the 3 possible shock positions it leads to:
FR: 120-140-160mm
DH: 160-180-205mm

Shock lenght: 222mm long
Headtube size: probably 1.5", convertable to 1.1/8, of course.
Chainstay: Adjustable, 410 to 450mm
Like our other models, the frame will come in 2 sizes.
Weight: 4450g without shock

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
GizmoInc said:
looks like a vpp design, how do you avoid the patent they have?
by selling it anywhere but the US, which exactly is what's gonna happen.

there was a thread on this on mtbr, where the 24 guys chimed in (or someone posted an email or something).

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
Let's see...what did I say last month in a thread about this frame...hum...

Oh ya, "head angle looks too steep" and then Zedro said something mean to me :D

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
That is the ugliest bike I have seen in a long time. It looks like it was put together with tin roofing scrap. God, I hope it's a prototype.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Wow the upright sections of the rear triangle are pretty spartan. I dont think the bike looks too bad, the spider web look is a little odd though. The biggest problem is right in the name of the company... 24" inch wheels :stosh:

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
actually you can run a 24" or a 26" on most 24 bikes. if you look at the frame there are 2 locations for the rear triangle. i assume thats for an adj for running 24" wheels. also its setup for 26ers right now in the pic

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i remember we discussing this about a month ago. Santa Cruz said something about NO to 24 bikes. they made it without permission, and was just hoping to bring it to the states. don't think its gonna happen.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Man, i wouldnt buy that bike.

No thru axle or replacable hanger

Ugly

24 le dude

Slimey way of going around patents of other companies.

And looks flexy :D

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Ohio, sometimes i hope you're a prototype:D

It's not that odd looking - what's odd looking is the demo 9!!!!! ! !

Is everybody clear on the vpp issue as regarding this frame? So we can stop going over it all the time?

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
oh, and 24" wheel haters can bite me. you know, just as a matter or record, so we don't have to keep going over that too.

good night all /waves and nods off…

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
As much as I like the idea of adjustability and built-in versatility, I can't help but think that giving all these frame/shock options is a way of making up for a lacking design.
If a bike rode so well due to its design in a longer travel setting, why would you need to drop back to a shorter travel setting?

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
ChrisRobin said:
Regardless, I wouldn't have put a post like that if I didn't see pics.
Actually my picture went up at 8:17 and your post was at 8:18 so you called me apeckerhead on false pretenses HA

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Cwilly006 said:
Actually my picture went up at 8:17 and your post was at 8:18 so you called me apeckerhead on false pretenses HA
Sorry about that bro, I didn't look carefully enough to realize it was you asking if I saw the pic. I thought it was someone else being smart with me otherwise I wouldn't of said anything. :)

It was weird because I didn't see a picture when my post went up asking if you had a pic. When I checked the thread later on during the day, that was when I saw your pic up ahead of my post! I thought that was strange.