Quantcast

new 888 ti air???

bikesair

Chimp
Jun 30, 2009
San Luis Obispo CA
no no, as the air is pumped in, ti molecules bond to the air molecules creating lighter, stronger, more durable air that is far more tuneable then your average air spring
Thats pretty funny. I bet if you used nitrogen instead of air the TiN would be almost weightless.

Anyway though that fork is just an 888 ATA that some kid asked Marzocchi to pull the PAR piston out of. Unfortunately he is too retarded to know how put the PAR back so he has to sell it as a "prototype solo air" or some bs. The fork is actually pretty well made. I have a 2009 888 ATA and its really nice. You have to appreciate Italian engineering. Very simple.

It does not have any Titanium parts though. What makes the 2010 888 Ti special is new stanchions and a Ti spring. Both of which that fork does not have.

I would pick it up if its $600 or less. Easy to rebuild. Ask if it has any bushing slop before buying it though.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The fork is actually pretty well made. I have a 2009 888 ATA and its really nice. You have to appreciate Italian engineering. Very simple.
the fork is not well made. there are countless threads on here about all the problems with it. ive had countless problems as have tons of other people

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
the fork is not well made. there are countless threads on here about all the problems with it. ive had countless problems as have tons of other people
True, but some of us have had 2008's and been pounding them for over a year and a half with no problems :).

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
why are you selling your new evo?
Check the ad. Injured, just had some serious foot surgery this week and I'm gonna be out for a many months. No point letting a brand new fork sit around going unused. 2011's are probably gonna be out before I'm able to really ride DH again. :'(