Quantcast

New Banshee Website

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
^you're nuts. all i need is a legend mkII and a spitfire sitting in my garage and i'll be forever content.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I like the layout but it makes waiting for the remaining 2 colours even harder. Hope the legends get here before the season starts.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Don't like the splash page totally unnecessary especially in 2010, better ways to go to countries of origin, just more wasted time accessing site.

Other than that it's ok, I now people get very emotional about there websites especially if in house designed, but this is your shop window to the world.

If I stopped by in the street and your shop window had a splash sheet up there before entering I wouldn't bother, want to see in the window and see the cool stuff immediately to entice me in, WS are no different it's 90s thinking sorry but true.

Dam slow to load and a feature of the page construction and image functions or lack of compression, a lot of this stuff is free in open source!

BB is not true Broadband everywhere further away people are the longer the mls return time can be depending on usage bandwidth available from suppliers [ISPs telco's]

Just saying I like Banshee and the new bikes but this is a pain for revisits to a site for information and for me in bikes that what I want not flashy stuff.

the images are great but take too long to load.

Like the specc about geo tech and reviews of each model color options ect that's great.

Hope this isn't to much hammer time I like Banshee and Keith is awesome so just opinion not hate, the little things like communication is awesome and that's whats important some would say most, just saying this is your world wide window :thumb:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The site is definitely an improvement over the old one.

Thank god they didn't follow Intense's lead on web design. Or even worse....FOES. *shudder*

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
its cool but non of the links are working for me. I cant see the geometry or anything. kind of important when looking at a bike.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Don't like the splash page totally unnecessary especially in 2010, better ways to go to countries of origin, just more wasted time accessing site.

Other than that it's ok, I now people get very emotional about there websites especially if in house designed, but this is your shop window to the world.

If I stopped by in the street and your shop window had a splash sheet up there before entering I wouldn't bother, want to see in the window and see the cool stuff immediately to entice me in, WS are no different it's 90s thinking sorry but true.

Dam slow to load and a feature of the page construction and image functions or lack of compression, a lot of this stuff is free in open source!

BB is not true Broadband everywhere further away people are the longer the mls return time can be depending on usage bandwidth available from suppliers [ISPs telco's]

Just saying I like Banshee and the new bikes but this is a pain for revisits to a site for information and for me in bikes that what I want not flashy stuff.

Like the specc about geo tech and reviews of each model color options ect that's great.

Hope this isn't to much hammer time I like Banshee and Keith is awesome so just opinion not hate, the little things like communication is awesome and that's whats important some would say most, just saying this is your world wide window :thumb:
Very well put and I am glad someone brought up the uselessness of splash pages!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
They are not useless when the company wants to make sure you go to the correct region. In some countries the products change depending on location, and Banshee is one of them. In the UK they aren't even called Banshee, for example.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
its cool but non of the links are working for me. I cant see the geometry or anything. kind of important when looking at a bike.
the banshee site has some special stupidity built in. for example, to see the geometry, click just BELOW the word 'geometry'. if you click on the word, nothing happens.

and as far as i can see, despite having a lot of useful information about the mk II, the site does not list the rear travel.

jasonvelocity

Monkey
Aug 26, 2008
Palmer Lake, CO
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.bansheebikes.com Port 80
So much for the store front..

Terrorfirma

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
Hey guys...
we've been using Firefox and IE and Opera to sort out the site but seems there is some other weirdness going on.
We'll look into it and sort it out right now.
Sorry for the frustration

Jay - banshee

Terrorfirma

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004

nah its all good... I also don't want a POS site and want everyone to get what they need quick and easy. Clearly there is still some work to be done... I am definitely one of those guys that will take a simple site with solid information over some crazy gadgety site thats hard to find stuff or navigate.
All good constructive criticism and i've already sent this thread to my webguy so he can see what we need to do.
Thanks! and again sorry for any frustration... we're on it

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That site pisses me off. The layout is rough on the brain and the text is hard to read in many cases. The link clicks don't line up with the link text, and the geo links send you to pix that don't zoom to a size that can be read. If I can't check the geo on a bike, the site is art and not info.

That said, I'm digging the spitfire.

RedOne

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Nuremberg, Germany
That site pisses me off. The layout is rough on the brain and the text is hard to read in many cases. The link clicks don't line up with the link text, and the geo links send you to pix that don't zoom to a size that can be read. If I can't check the geo on a bike, the site is art and not info.

That said, I'm digging the spitfire.
You can double zoom into that geo pic by clicking on the symbol in its lower right corner.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
They are not useless when the company wants to make sure you go to the correct region. In some countries the products change depending on location, and Banshee is one of them. In the UK they aren't even called Banshee, for example.
What was really being said is that there are more effective ways to do that other than a splash page.