Quantcast

New Bike Shop Opening In Germantown

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
I am opening a new bike shop in Germantown. I need another experience mechanic. If you are interested, e-mail me.
The shop is going be focused heavily on freeride, DH, Urban and CC mountain bikes, but will also have alot of 20" bikes. I would really like to see a 20" scene develope in this area. The shop will be opened by August!
As of now, we will carry Ellseworth, Scott, Yeti and Sinister (and some others). I have not talked to any BMX guys yet, but am hoping to get Kink, McNeil, Standard as well as others. It's going to be a killer shop!

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
where exactly is Germantown,VA?

i'm originally from Staunton (currently @ Snowshoe) and i'll be moving back around the first week of December or so. what are the living costs like there? PM to reply if you'd like.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
Germantown, MD...3 minutes from schaffer farm. It will be in the shopping center at Great Seneca and Wisteria (where Outback Steakhouse is).

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Hmmm, I'll have to come down and check it out when its all built. Sounds like you will be similar to Fleet Street.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
I live 2 min. from there and let me tell you we needed a bike shop badly in the area. This is great news for me and the guys I see riding to schaffer from their houses in the area.

Are you guys planning anything big for the opening?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
jmvar said:
I live 2 min. from there and let me tell you we needed a bike shop badly in the area. This is great news for me and the guys I see riding to schaffer from their houses in the area.

Are you guys planning anything big for the opening?
Hey dude, I hadn't seen you since you broke your arm at WG 2 years ago...

How the hell are ya?

Jmight..

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
NC
Sweet, I'm not too far from there..maybe it'll bring some locals into the scene, I've always wondered if their's any street spots down there.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Sirknight6, what's up man!?!?!!? Yeah it took almost a year for my damn arm to heal because the bones wouldn't fuse, but they finally did. Never got a chance to go back to Wintergreen but I have been to Mountain Creek plenty of times. Are you still riding DH? Where do you ride?

About street spots, Montgomery College is close and I have been meaning to check that out, there has to be something there.

There is a skate park in Gaithersburg that supposedly has a bike session on Sundays from noon until dark. I drove by once and I didn't see one bike, only skateboarders. I have been meaning to go to that session but Sundays are usually reserved for nursing hangovers or riding at the shed. Maybe we can convince the skate park to have a bike session one afternoon during the week?

I can't wait for this bike shop to open, I can't belive it will be right next to my house.

Jmight, were do you live?

julio

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
We do have a ditch, that we get hassled on during the day, but it's cool at night. Seneca high school has a few lines, as well as a cool ledge at the MARC station. There is probably alot more spots, just not enough riders to find them. As for the skatepark in gaithersburg, I plan on invading!!!! There is also one in Rockville, and the bike sessions are on different nights than gaithersburg.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
i would love to hook up for some Urban in the Germantown/Rockville area during the weeknights and see if there is more stuff to be found. I work like 20 minutes from where you are going to open the shop. Now I can have a place that is somewhat convenient and knows their way around a downhill bike :thumb:

Jmight..

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
NC
Just let us know when the "grand opening" is, I'm tired of getting yanked around by my LBS that doesn't know ish about DH/DJ stuff

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
Yeah, definately! I just ordered a bunch of Sinister Framesets that are incredible. We will be doing alot of custom built bikes. I am also going to be stocking tons of Giant high end bikes (Faith 1, Reign 1 and the Trance 1 and NRS composit for the CC guys. Ellsworth, Evil and Yeti as well. Tons of parts and gear. I am also going to focus alot on BMX. Opening the first week of August. I should have a phone number for you by next week!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I work at a bike shop here is Columbia and we dont sell Evil. Will you be carrying the DOC? I seriously want to look into a DOC in the Long size with a 24 inch TT because I am a tall kid. It would be awesome if you could swing me a deal. Right now I am riding a Long P.1.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
We are going to try to open on the 15th of August...just waiting on our phones to get hooked up. Good ole Verizon, not in a hurry to do anything!
You can still come by and check out the shop, and the killer SINISTER frames that we got in the other day.

MDBullit

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
Bethesda, MD
VDfree said:
We are going to try to open on the 15th of August...just waiting on our phones to get hooked up. Good ole Verizon, not in a hurry to do anything!
You can still come by and check out the shop, and the killer SINISTER frames that we got in the other day.
Any R9s?