Quantcast

New bike!

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
Well after 6 years on a DH bike only I sold it and got something lighter. I will be putting together another DH bike in the coming year.

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
Giant Reign, correct? Nice looking bike! Weird shock mount. Never seen one go through the down tube like that. Looks like you could potentially damage the shock with trail debris or while getting over logs.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Yeah, nice bike. I'm not a big fan of the hole in the middle of the tube either, but at least Giant has a lifetime on the frame I guess.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Even though it's XC,you'll probably still want to lose that big chain ring, and replace with a bash guard. Nice rig!

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
bibs said:
hahaha, So true, Im sure IM gonna get pics of his new trail and D doing some 30 foot gap :)

He's already talking about replacing the fork with a beefy one, so it's only a matter of time before you get the pics.

I got the same bike, but I'll be using it for more XC riding. There are some DH trails here, believe it or not, but I'd like to be able to ride both. I was getting a little tired of riding XC on my VP Free. This bike should cover all my needs. :)

Mocha said:
He's already talking about replacing the fork with a beefy one, so it's only a matter of time before you get the pics.

I got the same bike, but I'll be using it for more XC riding. There are some DH trails here, believe it or not, but I'd like to be able to ride both. I was getting a little tired of riding XC on my VP Free. This bike should cover all my needs. :)

LOL, nice!
Whats the lil man gonna get? I invision darren getting him a mini Super 8 to start! :)

Bikecrasher

Monkey
Sep 24, 2002
Tacoma, Wa
I've been riding the Reign 1 since this past fall and have enjoyed the bike. It's a great trail bike that feels more XC than I had expected. Great on 4-5 hour rides, even though it's just over 30 lbs. You would never guess it had 6" of travel (in a good way).