Quantcast

New Bike!

Robusto

Monkey
Not exactly DH, but I just picked up the bike I'm gonna be using for slalom this year... and most likely everything else other than DH. Pedaling the DH rig just gets old. Well here goes...

'06 Santa Cruz Jackal

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
nice bike, but jackals have always looked a little weird to me. they look completely indestructable, but i'm not sure i like the hump on the top tube. still, it looks unique, and the dropouts look amazing. the rear end is also crazy short, which makes for a bike that will absolutely rip in certain situations. i like the color, enjoy it.

Robusto

Monkey
nice bike, but jackals have always looked a little weird to me. they look completely indestructable, but i'm not sure i like the hump on the top tube. still, it looks unique, and the dropouts look amazing. the rear end is also crazy short, which makes for a bike that will absolutely rip in certain situations. i like the color, enjoy it.
Yeah, Ive always been alittle weary of Jackals because, well... they look weird. After haven ridden it though, I can completely overlook the little hump in the toptube because this thing is definately indestructable, and the geometry of the frame is spot on.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Ditto.

You're probably going to want gears for 4x/slalom. Pedalling wins the race, and having a bit of a disadvantage by not being able to get max. pedalling efficiencey will not work out too well IMO.

Robusto

Monkey
so hows it ride, i'm considering a jackal but they look a little strange
Havent been able to ride it much, its like 10 degrees outside, but from what I've felt it's a very flickable bike. Also, the frame is tough as nails. I've ridden a P1, and the jackal makes it feel like a twig. Other than that, I havent really ridden it enough to have much of an opinion

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Right on. I didn't think you were allowed to run single speed for 4x though? For some reason I was under the impression you had to have at least three speeds.