Quantcast

New Bike!

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Yo, I just got my 2008 giant glory in...all I can say is that this bike feels amazing, in the air, on the ground, and who knows, maybe upside down.

Ohh and sorry about the picture quality, I blow at taking pictures.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I want one of those really bad. But there is zero Giant dealerships around here. One in NJ would only give me a deal of 4200 /:bonk: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: :disgust1: :disgust1:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Nice Glory man!!!! Its 46lbs out of the box, so you know what your working with. I got my 07 down to 41 lbs. Just do a search on "Gloy" and you will find my post with all the Mods I did to mine. The cool thing is when your riding it, it feels so much lighter than it is. I just dropped off my Glory tonight to its new owner. Building a Reign X with a Totem air right now. I will get another one when the 09 comes out. Enjoy the bike man.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
looks good man, my glory just shipped outta chicago today. i was gonna get the employee purchuse price on it but id have to wait 7 weeks for the next batch so i said forget it and ordered it anyway. im getting it for a really good deal still but i need the bike like now. haha.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Nice Glory man!!!! Its 46lbs out of the box, so you know what your working with. I got my 07 down to 41 lbs. Just do a search on "Gloy" and you will find my post with all the Mods I did to mine. The cool thing is when your riding it, it feels so much lighter than it is. I just dropped off my Glory tonight to its new owner. Building a Reign X with a Totem air right now. I will get another one when the 09 comes out. Enjoy the bike man.
Yo was it hard selling your glory?

And to dirttastesgood, no im not zach, i have never ridden for anyone but rocky.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
i believe i got the last large glory in the US till the new batch comes in 7 weeks. or at least thats what one of the reps said when i called.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I'd like to take this moment to point out that, although not far geographically speaking, ideologically Santa Cruz and "San Ho" are freaking galaxies apart.

Furthermore, the use of the word (I cringe) "hella" is official grounds for social burning at the stake on this side of our little galaxial divide (more commonly known as the Santa Cruz mountains).

Oct 8, 2003
What shop in NJ did you get the bike from I am looking to get one and there are not any good Giant dealers around me.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I want a review of the XT Shadow der. Is it sweet? beat the hell out of it and let me know

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well only have test ridden and demoed the shadow rear der. both have been the XT. with the new 08 xt triggers. gotta say, it feels freaking great. but at the chance that you DO hit the der hanger. your rear der, cassette, wheel, are toast. it sits much to close to all of those.

but the shifting feel is awesome. feels almost like a sram. much stiffer spring, so a little stiffer to shift. but whatever.

the new xtr triggers are super sensitive. shift almost on their own.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
well only have test ridden and demoed the shadow rear der. both have been the XT. with the new 08 xt triggers. gotta say, it feels freaking great. but at the chance that you DO hit the der hanger. your rear der, cassette, wheel, are toast. it sits much to close to all of those.

but the shifting feel is awesome. feels almost like a sram. much stiffer spring, so a little stiffer to shift. but whatever.

the new xtr triggers are super sensitive. shift almost on their own.
Thanks for the insight.

So if you do tag the R der. you think it'll munch everything?
That seems unlikely to me. I can see the old lowest gear, into the spokes manuever. I just don't see it taking out the cassette in the process, or that being an issue except in the lowest gear.