Quantcast

new bike...

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
Now that i'm living in an urban (vallejo) environment on a very strict (read:$150 a month if i'm lucky) budget, i figured it was about time to save up some money for a new bike. I just can't afford to drive to the mountains all the time. I looked around an aweful lot, and being that BMX seems to be somewhat cheaper, i opted for a 20. I based my purchase on price range and looks, shopped around very little, and settled on a 2010 WTP truth. Unfortunately, i couldn't find the WTP in stock anywhere. I then resettled on a 2010 Verde Radia. Ordered it from 5050 BMX and had it a couple days later. I've been riding street and park on this thing for the last week and a half and I have only one thing to say: awesome. I also found some dj's on my way back from the benecia skatepark (which is badass) but they were super wet/overgrown. I'm thinking about digging out there next week though.

I rode some street yesterday at mare sland too. It was epic. Banks, wallrides, ledges, gaps, and other cool stuff everywhere. I wish i had some pics but my buddy loses at camera, so all i have is one shot of my bike taken with a cell phone.

Attachments

djbiker

Monkey
Sep 25, 2009
congratz, and work on those trails you found, dont let them go to waste, since it's overgrown like you said they are probably abandoned so you can build up some massive jumps. Post pics of the trail as you build. Good luck

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
just threw the pegs on and learned some grinds. the as far as i can tell learning curve for bmx is super steep as long as you have the balls to try stuff

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
looks sick hendog. hit me up about SC if you want to come, its gonna be a grand old time (David is getting replacing his SS with a stab).