Quantcast

New BMX help?

Yuppie

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
Oliver, BC
I've been tooling around on some friend's BMX bikes and Im finding they are really great to ride. Anyway, this means I need to buy one.

I'm really not super sure of what all I want to do with it, street and dirt mostly. I want to spend around $800 canadian if possible but Ill go higher if I need...

Can anyone reccomend anything? I hear good things about DK, and the shop I work in carries them.... Worth checking out?

The only thing Im really worried about it chainstay length, I really love short chainstays. Oh that and that I dont care about cranks at all because Ill be throwing some FSA Xdrives or Profiles on right away.

So, the big question, what do you reccomend?

Anyway, thanks for any info, it would be appreciated.

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
If you're into short chainstays then standards what ya want, I ride a cashius and love it. Sometimes the rear almost feels too short;) :D If your shop carries DKs go ride some and see if you like em. Quality wise DKs are great and will last you awile.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
I rode and Angel of Death by FBM for awhile and that was really short and tough. I know ride a Metal Kizz and love it...basically these brands won't let you down:

Standard
Metal
FBM
Volume
DK
T1
Fit

Super bikes that will last for a long time.

**Also, Dirt Brothers Vic Murphy frame would suit you as well since it has a short end and I hear some folks raving how it manuals. They are also warrantied for life, so no worries there and only $200 for the frame.:devil:

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
DK's are great first bikes.
They do not tend towards the twitchy end like most bikes do.
So, you will get to having fun quicker.
The six pack is an excellant starter bike.
You'll know it when you outgrow it.

Also check out Hoffman's line up.

More standard geometry.

And, yeah. I believe most bike shops can get Standard completes through their Quality catalog.

M

M.W.

I got my K2 Rake for $550CDN, and the only thing I'd like to put on it are some tubular cranks instead of the forged ones.

DK seems good to me, but no shops here carry them.

fennell

Chimp
Jun 6, 2002
boone nc
i REALLY like my we the people thrillseeker, but in all honesty alot of the high end bmx bikes. (street geometry) are going to be more or less the same....