Quantcast

New body armor?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
thats great bang for the buck,, but i went with rockgardn fo the fact i could run short sleeved and without the backprotector for dj'in.

for size, how big are you?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I highly recommend trying it on first if possible.

The RockGardn was what I ended up going with due to price/protection/functionality.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I am not big. I am a kid. I am 16 years old.

I am 5'9.5", and wiegh about 130 pounds.

Maybe I should go check out some stuff at a local bike shop? :help:

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Check out the Fox body armor, it was about the same price, and is uber high quality. Several friends and I are stoked on ours. Plus, it doesn't have any silly plastic chest plates to break and spear you straight in the heart or jugular. It's also super light, and you can easily remove the back plate. De puta madre.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
sound like a small for in almost all brands.. i called up rockgardn and spoke to someone directly about sizing also. alot. from what ive heard, the azonic fits about the same as rockgardn stuff.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I picked up a new Rockgardn flack jacket, they have made great strides in quality and design and the pricing is great compared to Dainese, plus with removable arms guards and back plate the thing is really versatile.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
$183 msrp get's you loads of protection from RockgardN. Get the flak jacket. That's what I bought and I have NO complaints. Fits well and I would recommend that you get the size up from what their size chart tells you. Also the removable pads make it nice. Breaths well too!

www.rockgardn.com

Here's mine.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I have the Azonic, It is good for the money. You can try it on sometime, I will be riding somewhere this weekend and will bring it with me.....but I do like Wes' Rock Garden Flack Jacket alot better.

I have a med and the Flack Jacket is a small and they fit the same....

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
I just got My z-6 armor and couldn't be happier. The fabric is comfortable and appears to be durable. I got 4 years out of My z-5 armor.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Has no one else used the Fox armor?

It's light, strong, and cheap. It fits well, and it's not over done. I still prefer elbow pads only, but hey, life isn't perfect.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
the hard back plates on my flak were a bit much for the riding i was doing so I popped em off :D easily removable and easy to pop back on. so now i rock it with a soft back protector and the kidney belt.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
06 Rockgardn is spot on. The fact that you can remove the spine protection and removable arms make it so versatile. I purchased the 06 pressure but didn't like how it fit (I owned the 04) Went to the shop and tried on the Rockgardn and was amazed. Fits like a glove, and super breathable. I'm still concerned about the durability in a crash, but time will tell on that. I got a pretty smoking deal through Ride-this...they have a 10% coupon on top of being on sale.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Except for the small caps just under the shoulder caps, the removable elbow feature, and the little pad on each side of the top of the back plate on the rockgardn, the z-6 and the flak jacket are the exact same thing.

They're probably made in the same place. They're almost identical when you see them side by side.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
ride-this has the rockgardn 05 jacket (really nice still) for 125 as well

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
GEt the rockgardn armor threy mike, the owner of rockgardn, he is a rider and nows the size that will best fite you. He is a really cool guy and his products rock. Suport rockgardn. they are a company for armor. Great deal with exceptional armor. Thier stuff is strong light and breathes extreamly well. People may complain about the fit but the new ones are way better and have so many adjustment they can fit anyone. GO RG !

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
kidwoo said:
Except for the small caps just under the shoulder caps, the removable elbow feature, and the little pad on each side of the top of the back plate on the rockgardn, the z-6 and the flak jacket are the exact same thing.

They're probably made in the same place. They're almost identical when you see them side by side.
haha that's funny and probably true. I'm looking at these three along with the Fox for some new protection. Curious to see where this thread goes...

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Did i mention that I have taken plenty of crashes and the armor shows almost no wear, except for scratched on the plastic. Rockgardn also has a good warranty and if you think and thing is wrong with do to manufacture defect Then just send it back to rockgardn and Mike will take care of you. He stands by his product 100%.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
kidwoo said:

the shin/knee pads from azonic and rockgarden are also identical. Azonic's tend to be better priced.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I am also looking for a new full face helmet, since my current specialized helmet is now too small. I would like the price to be no more than $100-$125, so no TLD for me. :(

I see the Azonic Fury 06' helmet looks promising, it is only $65 on Jenson, and has 20 vents to keep me cool!

Thanks guys! :)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ViciousDHer said:
the shin/knee pads from azonic and rockgarden are also identical. Azonic's tend to be better priced.
Kind of my point. I've got an 05 flakjacket and really like it. I wanted something vented so I just got the z-6 just because it's cheaper. Now that I did that I'm sure to get poked in the bicep right where the rockgardn cap would be.:rolleyes:

Of the rockgardn stuff I've owned, I've been impressed with the stitching and durability (never had any azonic before this).

I can't say that about ANY of the 661 stuff I've had besides the helmets.

Dec 20, 2005
The 661 protection is hard to beat, works well and fits great. I have been wearing it for a while now and it has definately stopped some bad falls really well. have you tried the red and black pressure suit? go look at beyond bikes for some of the best deals out there!!!