Quantcast

New Bos Idylle RaRe (Race Ready)

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
But will they be better than the Idellye Pros???
Im holding off for either the pro or the New boxxers

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So where does it stand? The ad doesn't really clear it. Just between the idylle and pro?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sounds like it's in between the two. Maybe lighter than the pro, since it's minus the extra chamber, but more adjustable than the standard?

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
is the stuff really available?

according to Tftunedshox website the forks have been postponed a few times (september 08 to february or march 09) etc. etc.

any info on the pricing of the RaRe?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Well some ppl apparently got their morewoods with forks so it's not on all of the production.

Albion

Chimp
Sep 25, 2008
Yeah, some forks are delivered, here is my Sunn Radical with a Idylle, a friends Radical with a Stoy, and another friends Intense SS with Stoy & N'Dee.

Just checked the weight of my Radical today, and it is 16.7 kg / 36.8 Lbs with the BOS fork.

Think the new RaRe will be 1990 Euros btw

Attachments

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
1990 euros? Isnt idyle pro 2000euro? Why make 2 forks at the same price level. Still it's a crazy price. I know I should have took the job of russian mob debt vindicator when I had the chance...

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Yeah, some forks are delivered, here is my Sunn Radical with a Idylle, a friends Radical with a Stoy, and another friends Intense SS with Stoy & N'Dee.

Just checked the weight of my Radical today, and it is 16.7 kg / 36.8 Lbs with the BOS fork.

How does your friend like the stoy on his radical. I could be tempted for mine

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
But will they be better than the Idellye Pros???
Im holding off for either the pro or the New boxxers
In all honesty I'm betting they realized the external reservoir isn't necessary (possibly overly complicated to produce?) and they combined technology from that fork into the non-reservoir chassis. I wouldn't be surprised if in a years time the RaRe is the top offering from BOS and the idyll pro disappears quietly out the back door.

i'm thinking the fact the morewood team is on this fork and not the idyll pro is the writing on the wall . . .

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Wow, maybe you guys in Europe are less sensitive to their pricing as many bike parts are higher priced over there, but....

$2500 for a fork??
$800 for a shock??
$1000 for a shock on a Sunday???

For non-custom, off the shelf products...

Sounds like a perfect 'mid life crisis' product to me.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Yea that is kind of what I thought. But it is 2X the 40/WC price here.

For the shock, it is the same ~2X any other shock. Go with a CCDB or full custom tune on top of a 'typcal shock' and the Boss is still at least 25% more.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Sad thing is, in Sweden, thats about the same price as a Fox 40 RC2 or a Boxxer WC...
It's pretty similar here but that's why any1 smart won't buy anything from our local distributors ;) Just be smart and look for us/uk/mainland eur deals.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Wow, maybe you guys in Europe are less sensitive to their pricing as many bike parts are higher priced over there, but....

$2500 for a fork??
$800 for a shock??
$1000 for a shock on a Sunday???

Sounds like a perfect 'mid life crisis' product to me.
not for me, a dhx 5 is normally 400-450eur here online. + push/motopitkan tuning ~160eur. stoy retails for 670eur online. so they are in the same league. the idylle fork goes for 1340eur, the pro 1990eur (same as the new dorado). a fox 40 is 1750eur. not bad for european made products.

ps: have you ever seen the prices for intense products in europe? now THAT'S ridiculous!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
an m6 with revox is a shade under €3000 and a soccom is about €2550, a pair of 40s are €1450 for us in ireland. The Boss forks and shocks are expensive but not mental compared to the price of the competition here

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
m6 with revox 3700eur and the socom goes for 3300eur (with dhx 5). they are a little bit cheaper in the uk, but only because their currency suxx
3700euro???? jesus christ

an m6 with revox is a shade under €3000 and a soccom is about €2550, a pair of 40s are €1450 for us in ireland. T
you can get two 40's for 1450 euros? awesome deal

big price difference b/w your two countrys for the same bike

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
well i got the intense price from crc but the price on a single pair of the 40s is what i'd sell them for if someone walked into where i work

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
The stoy is "custom" tuned for your bike. They have several (like 8 or something) tunes for different kinds of bikes.

I think with a fork custom tuning isnt that important because al forks have a 1:1 leverage.

Way to jump on that train at the right time...:bonk:
As far as I know they already had it for over a year.

About the pricing. A CCDB is 2x as expensive as a Stoy for me.

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Yeah, Patrick Morewood has been rocking the Idylle since December and Fabien Cuisine has had his for months now although he's a Bos team rider.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Well I found out today that the new dorados uk price was £2399.
If the bos is 1990euros by the way the exchange rate is the bos will be £2000 that 400 cheaper than the dorado and I'm pretty sure they will be better.
Dorados are always over hyped but then again so is the bos,40s, and the boxxers.
Only time will tell and performance wise how they fair.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Quoted for amusement. Europe is not 'a' country it is many countries.

The Euro is in use in many countries, including Germany (home to Sethimus) and Ireland (home to Al).
Seems, you didn't understand IH8RICE. He clearly stated opinion it is is a big difference in price between Germany and Ireland although they are both members of EU and use the same currency.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man, 2400 for turdados? more expensive than BOS? i find that hard to comprehend, considering the reputation both companies/products have.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Most of our products come from the uk distributors so our prices go up and down as the sterling to euro rate varies

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The stoy is "custom" tuned for your bike. They have several (like 8 or something) tunes for different kinds of bikes.
hmmm...
according to you here: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3107511&postcount=10 there are 4 tunes available..not 8.

According to this, http://www.bos-engineering.com/pdf/Stoy-Chart-List-22-12-2008.pdf there are a total of 5 stock tunes. The fifth is used solely on the yet to be avaialable Makulu. Adjustments for riding style, weight, and spring rate are made by the user via external knobs.

Every shock that I have had custom tuned involves a fair bit of conversation about my personal preferences, what I perceive as needing to be changed, how I would like my shock to work, my weight, riding style, spring rate, terrain, etc....

About the pricing. A CCDB is 2x as expensive as a Stoy for me.
If you read my original post, I made this exact hypothesis/statement. I am sure they will be a good product and it is great for you guys to see a product made 'locally' at a better price (vs what 'American' brands end up costing in Euro). This is a US based board, and I was making a point about how expensive BOS products are HERE (not including shipping or the fact there is no distro/service/parts here).
They just wont have any market penetration at all in the US at those prices.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
devep - makulu with both fork and shock is available since Januray ;)

And the market penetation is mainly the cause of exchange rates not their price that much ;)

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
your problem is that you expect them to be cheaper. we dont expect this because we ALLWAYS pay more. every damn product over here that is sold in your country too is 10-20% more expensive...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
your problem is that you expect them to be cheaper. we dont expect this because we ALLWAYS pay more. every damn product over here that is sold in your country too is 10-20% more expensive...
Naah. Eurobrands are more expensive in us in most cases. There are simply more well known gravity oriented companies in the us so it seems that way. That doesn't change the fact that everybody whines about every one of them ;)