Quantcast

New BOS Range?

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
I really hope they bring us the Stoy Air this month, that would be the most important release for me.

New Idylle forks,air shock,and a RaRe version of the Stoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
i hope they hurry up ive a set of rares on order and just sold my forks. The old stuff is sold out :(

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they need a office or a distributor in NA. their forks look great but sending it to Europe to be fixed if theres a issue, is a deal breaker.....and the price too.

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
they need a office or a distributor in NA. their forks look great but sending it to Europe to be fixed if theres a issue, is a deal breaker.....and the price too.
That's the the same thing that we think about Avalanche around here, nice stuff, but sending it to USA if something happens is a deal breaker too...

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Wow the Idylles look great! I wonder what differences the Stoy RaRe has over the normal stoy?
Hopefully some information will be released soon

i hope they hurry up ive a set of rares on order and just sold my forks. The old stuff is sold out :(
You've ordered a set of the new ones above? Did you manage to get any details on them?

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
That's the the same thing that we think about Avalanche around here, nice stuff, but sending it to USA if something happens is a deal breaker too...
How unreasonably sensible! ;)

I've recently become a Huge Avy fan, I dont know much about BOS except they are idealized by some seemingly qualified people, but what I like about Avy is Craig is so directly connected to the end user, even if not always lightning speed.

PUSH also gets my biz as long as what I've got is something they work on; High end suspension is great, but it must be tuned/tuneable to the specific rider, or its just a generic bump eater that cant live up to its potential.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Wow the Idylles look great! I wonder what differences the Stoy RaRe has over the normal stoy?
The idylle is 250g lighter, and the stoy rare has an aluminium shaft instead of the original chrome one. I've heard that chrome shafts offer less stiction but I'd presume BOS have done a decent job with it.

The normal stoy now has an updated seal head because the old one leaked after about a year, mine was changed over to the new one on a service (dust wiper is now recessed).

The stoy rare has a different seal head again, perhaps a lower profile version of the updated stoy one.

Who knows what has changed internally...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hopefully some information will be released soon
The normal stoy now has an updated seal head because the old one leaked after about a year, mine was changed over to the new one on a service (dust wiper is now recessed).

The stoy rare has a different seal head again, perhaps a lower profile version of the updated stoy one.

Who knows what has changed internally...
The VéloVert article doesn't mention seals. it says the stoy rare has an aluminum shaft, a hydraulic bottom out control, and a bearing kit (presumably for the coil?). Otherwise it has the same adjustments as the regular stoy (which remains unchanged, with a lower price).

LP2011

Chimp
Feb 6, 2011
The bearing kit isn't for the spring.
It's a needle bearing kit that replaces the normal bushing hardware. Not really an improvement, since the original S**Toy was delivered with it.

Not sure if someone already mentioned it, but the compression assembly gets upgraded a bit to on both S**Toy and S**Toy RaRe in order to get better efficient H-Speed Comp and a more a better range of adjustment.

I should receive mine in a few weeks now ;)

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The VéloVert article doesn't mention seals.
Yeah I was going by what I know (owned two): the regular stoy pictured there has the updated seal head with recessed wiper and higher profile, while the stoy rare has a seal head that is different from both the original stoy and the updated stoy (recessed wiper and low profile).

Most of this was stated already by UDI and some of the links.

Idylle RaRE

CNCed stanchions
New lower legs(250g lighter)
Less friction
New Setting
New wheel fixing system(Quick Release option I think)

Idyllle

New lower legs
New setting
Lighter
Less friction
New setting

Ndee

New lower legs
New axle
New wheel fixing system (quick release)
(Option on Idylle and Idylle RaRe)
Lighter
Less friction

Deville

Deville new design
New Wheel fixing system

Stoy

New compression valve
New rod guide (better sealing and better guiding)
Only bushing kit

Stoy RaRe

New compression valve
New seal head
Aluminium shaft
Hydraulique bump stop
Needle bearing (if it’s compatible)

Air shock-Vipr

Air compression adjust
Rebound adjust
Specific tunes based on chassis ratio
lock-out » compression lever
shim-stack valve piston

That lower crown is going to have the same problems as the 40 on certain frames.
As far as I know the crowns are the same as the old forks. I do know that it was stated in the 2011 Demo 8 thread that a Idylle would hit and needed a spacer to clear. I know they fit a Makulu just fine.:)