Quantcast

New Car Tires

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
So here whats up. My tires are going bald on my 2002 Subaru Outback and I am looking for new tires. I am looking for a Hi-Performance All Season Tire, but a Touring All Seasonal would work too. Something that will work well in the wet and snow, but still have a nice ride. Have any of you had good experiences with certain companies or what? What tire would you recommend. And if you own a Outback, what tires are you running? Any help would be appreciated. I would prefer raised white letters but whatever.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
rpk1988 said:
<snip> And if you own a Outback, what tires are you running? Any help would be appreciated. I would prefer raised white letters but whatever.
I own a '97 Outback and it has Big-O Aspen tires on it right now. They seem to be fine. They seem a bit noisy on the road......

My previous car was a '95 Legacy wagon and I had some BFG Touring T/A on those. I really like those tires. Good traction in dry, wet, and snow. Fairly quiet. Good wear.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Thanks for all the input. I think I might get the Mich. Hydroedge. That have like 10 everything and like one 8 on their ratings. Any others that are good?

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
Based on the good reviews at Tirerack.com, I choose Goodyear Assurance
TripleTred for my Outback. So far I'm pretty happy with them. The Triple
Tred uses an arrow type tread pattern and makes the coolest road noise.
Handling isn't too bad also.