Quantcast

New Code problem

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I don't have them mounted on a complete bike yet, but they come pre-bled. I mounted them just to see how they feel and the rear one feels perfect, but the front brake doesn't feel good at all. With the pad adjustment all the way in, it still will contact my fingers. Should I just re-bleed them?

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
My Codes came bled horribly. I wouldn't want to ride them in the condition they were straight out of the box.

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
oh well this may sound dumb but rebleed if u want or close them on themselves and put the adjuster somewhere in the middle or where ever u think then re open them and that should work

giffels

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
ya what demo8razor said, just take the caliper off the bike squeeze the brakes a few times, not all the way down just like a quarter if the way down, then put the caliper back on with out the bolts, just rest it on the mount so it is over the rotor and see if it is where you would like it, if not repeat as necessary

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
u will have to repry the calipers out if you close them too much but yea just play with it like that

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
with as easy as the avid bleed procedure is, why not just do it right the first time and have complete pad adjustment?
because the problem is that they are bled correctly out of the box. disc brakes use a vacuum system to return the pads. if you set the pads further in, they will stay. when bled at the factory, the pads were all the way backed out, and needed to be set further in.

in a nut shell, that method is correct.