Quantcast

New Commencal Supreme 8

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Got this in the mail earlier today. Looks pretty cool. What do you think?

SPECIFICATIONS
Frame: New Supreme 8
Shock: Fox Vanilla R
Fork: Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm
Headset: FSA ZS-4D tapered 1 1/8”
Stem: Race face respond
Bars: News low rise 740mm
Grips: Lock On
Brakes: Avid Elixir 3 203mm F/R
Shifters: Shimano Deore
Front: E13 LS1 w taco
Rear: Shimano SLX Shadow
BB: FSA mega Exo
Cranks: FSA gravity Gap 36 Tooth 170mm
Chain: Shimano HG 9s
Cassette: SRAM PG-950 11-28
Rims: Alex FR
Hubs: Disc Sealed 20mm and 12mm
Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.5

Commencal Supreme 8 Info

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Got this in the mail earlier today. Looks pretty cool. What do you think?

SPECIFICATIONS
Frame: New Supreme 8
Shock: Fox Vanilla R
Fork: Marzocchi 66RCV 180mm
Headset: FSA ZS-4D tapered 1 1/8”
Stem: Race face respond
Bars: News low rise 740mm
Grips: Lock On
Brakes: Avid Elixir 3 203mm F/R
Shifters: Shimano Deore
Front: E13 LS1 w taco
Rear: Shimano SLX Shadow
BB: FSA mega Exo
Cranks: FSA gravity Gap 36 Tooth 170mm
Chain: Shimano HG 9s
Cassette: SRAM PG-950 11-28
Rims: Alex FR
Hubs: Disc Sealed 20mm and 12mm
Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.5

Commencal Supreme 8 Info
Does it come in rootbeer? and that head angle looks wayyyyyy to steep :rofl:

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
How is that any different than the normal supreme, but with a rock-bottom 66 instead of a rock-bottom 888?

They really need to spec their bikes better. Every part on that frame is lowww end. The frames are really, really nice, but their completes are terrible.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Looks like it's a cheaped down frame,too.No adjustable headangle,dropouts,or brake mount.I really dig the yellow,though.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Which part is cool? Is it the overweight bit? The cracking? Or just being overpriced compared to other bikes out there? :D

I kid i kid.
The build kit is crap. Hope the bike is mid threes. It would have been better with a jump up drive-train wise. Yeah guess people have been breaking them so that could be shady. Hopefully it makes it more affordable so more people can buy bikes.

But I think with a bump up the component range and suspension the bike could be good.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I think it's rad. It's an affordable dh bike that's not going to disintegrate under some poor kid (assuming they fixed the whole cracking issue) who scraped together cash to finally afford one. Solid entry level bikes are great for growing the sport because it gets more people out riding.

While I may not ride one now, back in the day when I was trying to piece together a cheap DH bike with the money I made at an after school job, something like this would have been perfect.

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
They really need to spec their bikes better. Every part on that frame is lowww end.
Maybe the suspension parts could be better, as they really matter, but what's exactly wrong with the rest of the parts? I'd run them happily.

Not all bikes have to sport the latest most hyped up parts to be decent rides.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
The simplicity of non adjustable ht and dropouts sound good to me. Personally, once my bike is set up properly, I rarely change it, even with the option.
I think it looks like a fun bike, accept for the fork, but that's an easy fix :)