Quantcast

New Cove at interbike

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I was browsing the pinkbike i-bike threads and noticed there's a new Hustler using the new suspension design from the Shocker/STD

I'm feinding for it already, but anyone know what the scoop is?
availability? Cost? Weight?
Cove hasn't updated their website in the last century...

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
the hustler also is doubling as a new g-spot proto....a link swap and it goes from 5" to 6 and change.....that's from my buddy who's the head mech at the main st. locale in north van.......sweeeeet frame

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
hahaha...handjob...what a great name for a bike.

Makes me want to buy it just to say I ride a handjob, or better yet, an STD.

*Typical classroom conversation*
Friend1, "Hey man, What you ride?"
Friend2, "Oh a Kawasaki, you?"
Friend1, "I ride a Honda."
Me, "Yeah, well I ride STDs and Handjobs, occasionally a Hustler."
Friend1 & 2, *Borat style* "Very Niceeeee."

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
hahaha...handjob...what a great name for a bike.

Makes me want to buy it just to say I ride a handjob, or better yet, an STD.

*Typical classroom conversation*
Friend1, "Hey man, What you ride?"
Friend2, "Oh a Kawasaki, you?"
Friend1, "I ride a Honda."
Me, "Yeah, well I ride STDs and Handjobs, occasionally a Hustler."
Friend1 & 2, *Borat style* "Very Niceeeee."
Exchange student, "What's a STD?"

Loozinskin

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham,WA
the hustler also is doubling as a new g-spot proto....a link swap and it goes from 5" to 6 and change.....that's from my buddy who's the head mech at the main st. locale in north van.......sweeeeet frame
Seems just wrong to even keep the G-spot name on a frame thats so utterly different than the original G-spot. No concentric bb pivot... thats like the G-spots claim to fame!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I was looking for some king of explanation of the suspension design on the Coves but found nothing on their website which still shows 2006!

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I was looking for some king of explanation of the suspension design on the Coves but found nothing on their website which still shows 2006!
That's pretty cool since they're probably out riding and building trails, they've got their priorities straight allright.

jtdcg

Chimp
Aug 15, 2004
NH
Their web presence is lacking...but I get the impression their bikes aren't.
I have been looking too, or also for reviews of those that have been on it...especially in the shorter travel version. I will post up if I see anything. Please do the same.

deadatbirth

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
In a van down by the river
The honest answer for the exchange student - STD is short for Sexually Transmitted Disease. Cove guys claim it stands for "Skinnies, Trails, Drops." The double meaning makes it funny. :clapping:
sexually transmitted disease? really? wow, gee no one woulda though of that one.
just tell him to go back to his own country and you wont have to answer his questions.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
The new huslter def looks sweet. If it is like the old hustler it should be great. Cool little bike.

I could be wrong but it looks like the new hustler is in line with the std for suspension design...kinda vpp no?

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
That's pretty cool since they're probably out riding and building trails, they've got their priorities straight allright.
i disagree. transition bike co is filled with riders out riding, and yet their site is damn good in all respects. dave turner is out there riding and testing protos, but his site is current and useful.

i've only been mtb'ing for 15 years, but over time i've noticed that the companies that can't get around to maintaining / updating things like website are also the kind of company that doesn't get around to replacing your broken swingarm very quickly.

hopefully Cove isn't in that category.