Quantcast

New DH Rig for '06...Sunday Team

pbskis14

Chimp
Apr 24, 2003
Finally ordered my new 2006 Sunday Team bike... This thing is beautiful.. a little hefty but still uber nice (weight around 42lbs) Changing out some stuff like tires to Minion 2.5s and a Fox DHX 5.0 (backordered) and hopefully some Gustavs if I can get the money together. Havnt had a chance to bring it in the woods yet but from just riding around the drive way, it was worth every penny..The new Boxxer Team is absolutly amazing..... definatly as smooth as my buddys 40 right out of the box, after a day on the mountain I should be able to get it pretty dialed.

I chose to sell last years team and go with the 17" frame because I ride a Tonic FG for most of the year so im used to riding a tight bike. The 19" felt really nice and felt little lower in the front end but the top tube was long.

Boxxer Team
Funn Bars and Stem
DT Swiss 6.1 Rims
Sram 9.0/7.0
E-13 Guide w/ E13 ring
CrankBros 50/50 Pedals
FSA Gap Cranks and BB
Hayes HFX Nines w/ BFL

MMmmmm Boxxxxer

REallly nice looking pedals, definatly need some new pins though. Check out the External BB.... The things gotta stick out atleast a 1/2"...

Let me know what ya think

Pete

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You can also fit the Cane Creek Double Barrel and keep the breakes. Better suspension and less breaking.

I think IH did a great job with the 2006 Team.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
That bike looks great.
I have heard too many people say that their Boxxer Team felt great out of the box.
After I rebuilt my new fork last night and it feels the same, I know I got a lemon. Time to pick up the phone.:mumble:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Jeremy R said:
That bike looks great.
I have heard too many people say that their Boxxer Team felt great out of the box.
After I rebuilt my new fork last night and it feels the same, I know I got a lemon. Time to pick up the phone.:mumble:
That sucks dude. You're scaring me away from that fork and towards a 888...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Bicyclist said:
That sucks dude. You're scaring me away from that fork and towards a 888...
Well, I played around with it some this morning, and it does feel nice and smooth now, but just really oversprung.
This would not be a big deal, but the stock spring if anything should be kinda light for my weight.
I have a soft spring on the way, so I'll let you know how it feels with that.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Jeremy R said:
Well, I played around with it some this morning, and it does feel nice and smooth now, but just really oversprung.
This would not be a big deal, but the stock spring if anything should be kinda light for my weight.
I have a soft spring on the way, so I'll let you know how it feels with that.
Biker3 needed to put a soft in his and hes like 165. I'm 170 and it def. needed the soft to feel good.

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
Bicyclist said:
Does RS make an XS spring?
They do make one. I ordered one for my wifes 06 team through Phat tire (below) It was in stock & got here quick.

To comment on the 06 Team fork, it is honestly the first Boxxer I have ever ridden out of the box that worked perfectly, just a little fine tuning & it was good to go. I weight 195 & the stock springs were pretty much spot on, any lighter than 180 & I would recommend the soft springs, under 150 would be the x-soft.

BTW, she has the exact IH Team Sunday :)

Now my 06 WC Boxxer, whoa damn, couldn't be happier :cool:

http://store.yahoo.com/phattire1/roshbotuki.html