• Norco 250

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Specialized P2

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

dr_pepper

Chimp
Jan 30, 2003
Hey I am not sure what to get. I am thinking of getting a new bike. the two choices that i am thinking about are the 03 specialized p2 and the 03 norco 125. Any info or thoughts will be helpfull. thanks

Attachments

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
On pure looks. The 125. I have a feeling they will both ride similar. I have ridden both of last years and enjoyed both when I was test riding. My biggest concern is Norco can sometimes suck ass on warranty issues. It is probably the better bike imo and Canadian (big bonus to me) but if you are at all conerned about replacement in case of breakage Specialized has a MUCH better rep for warranties. Both are burly bikes and will probably not break anyways. Just a couple of things to consider. What prices are you getting on either..??

For specs...the Norco beats the specialized in every category (especially the fork - the exr is xc only...I broke one in 3 months and I don't dj much). The 125 I think is Chromoly but I can't find any details about the material. Also keep in mind the 125 has a bmx bb if that concerns you.

Both are great bikes. If concerned with Warranty go with specialized and upgrade stuff (much of the stuff). If you want a good performance bike out of the box...I think Norco takes it :)

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
125 is Aluminum. The 250 is cromo.

I would say the 125 has a better spec, especially the fork, but the Specialized is probably cheaper by a few hundred if your in the states.

I would go Norco personally, but I have something against Specialized. :D

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
looks to me like the norco is better in every way,fork on the p2 is throwaway,that big front disc will die quick on the p2,smaller is better,you don't need real strong brakes,cranks are better on th norco,plus you have full brake options and wheel size options.

hey man< what is up, i have a P1, and i have an additional front hayes HMX-1, a FSA bashguard, titec hellbents, and chain tensioners, its my dream bike, i hit nine stairs all the time, gaps and other things, i am about 600 into it, the price of the P2, the only reason i got the P1 instead of the P2 is because i wanted the reliability of a single speed, adn i havent had any problems, its my baby, i love her. i just ordered my 26 inch hookworms cause i street ride the majority of the time, when i do go ride trails, i plan on puttin on the stock rollers, get the P2, run a chainguide, get some different handelbars, and ride her forever

hey man, if you dont like my bike, then you dont get to ride it anymore, but i still get to ride your kona, just cause we be homies, word, but hey, i love my P1, its an opinion thing, norco does have a reputation to be hella beefy, adn specialized does have good warranty history opposed to norco, i ahve a year on all the components adn a lifetime warranty on my frame, so if that guy did break his exr, it shouldve been replaced, peace out all, choose what you want man. but remember, have fun