Quantcast

New Disc Brakes

gully rider

Chimp
Apr 16, 2006
Supp

I'm running with stock mechanical disc brakes at the moment and when i go riding and its muddy they always get stuck. I pull the brake lever and the cable stretches to much so my leer is not rebounding properly.

Will getting hydraulics fix this and if so whats the best set for the best price i can get:cool:

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Depends on how much brake you need.
Give us some specifics.
Weight?
Riding Style?
Bike?
Wheel/tire combo you run most often?
Where you ride? Is it muddy a lot?

gully rider

Chimp
Apr 16, 2006
oh ok

Weigh bout 95 kilo's
a bit of downhill and aroundhill if you know what i mean more downhill in the mud. I'm from Australia so not always muddy just at the moment bloody winter.

Bike i'm riding is actually a GT Chucker 1.0 '05 model a dirt jumper ut i love the frame and have changed majority of components on it as i have been told and as i have found out the original components are ****house except for maybe the derailleur.

Wheel and tire combo are Kenda tyres and double wall rims.

Riding in both mud and sunny conditions but i would rather a bit more reactive brake than the ones i ahve as they are Tektro Auriga and they are no good i have heard a good set of hydraulics are Hayes nines so i have been lookin at those. But i'm lookin at $500 for a set brand spankin and about $350 second hand.