Quantcast

new drops

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
3 new drops we built. actually 2 finished, one being finished tomorrow

this drop (take off not built yet) is going to land in to a berm where you shoot out into a jump or you can jump it 10 feet down to the backside of the berm and hit a 10+ foot creek gap

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
excellent ... looks like fun!

I hope you don't mind some advice/criticism, cause I'm going to give it anyway. I think you are going to regret nailing or screwing your supports into live trees. Not because of any enviromental reasons, though that is reason enough, but because those trees will sway and move with the wind and sooner or later your nails or even screws will start to pull out and get loose.

Get your supports UNDER the stunt, not attached to trees on the sides, and make them stand-alone. It isn't much more work, and well worth your time to do so.

I know this from experience. My friends and I have been building stunts at a park for 5 years and have gone through this every time, especially after Winter for some reason. Sketchy, unsafe stunts aren't fun.

Now, everything that we build is 'free-standing' and not attached to a living tree in any way. (1) it makes for a stronger, safer stunt and (2) it looks much better, imo.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
but seriously, its sturdy for now and we always check our stunts every once in a while and fix them up. we've never had a problem

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
metalMTB said:
everything we build is sketchy, its how we roll.
i live for a good challenge. i used to built skinnys out of old busted chairs, firewood and random bits of wood. no nails. you had to balance your self and the stunt. extra props if the stunt didn't fall down after your run. yeah got some good scars from those days.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
lol. our stuff is on land owned by a land developer that hasn't done anything with the land for the past 5 years probably because it runs along a creek.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Hey Brandon, I live in gainesville and would love to ride some of that stuff. Please let me know if its ok to come ride it. Shoot me an email or something. Also I have access to plenty of building material and tools. Let me know.