Quantcast

New E-13 LG-1

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Today according to QBP. But like the BooBar that was supposed to be available two weeks ago, the correct answer is dont hold your breath.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
When you order one of these new guides, the day before it gets to you, a magnet will come in first. You attach the magnet to your bottom bracket.
Then the next day when the guide comes in, it will fly across the room and attach itself to your bike. This is a really cool new feature to assist the retards that can't set one up.:biggrin:

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
When you order one of these new guides, the day before it gets to you, a magnet will come in first. You attach the magnet to your bottom bracket.
Then the next day when the guide comes in, it will fly across the room and attach itself to your bike. This is a really cool new feature to assist the retards that can't set one up.:biggrin:
But what happens if the retards can't get the magnet on the bb? Then what?

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Jeremy, I was just wondering the other day where you had been / what you've been up to.. :)

The LG1+'s are pretty close, but not shipping just yet. Right now our USA production line is full bore on SRS+ systems. We are between 2 and 4 weeks out on LG1+'s depending on how fast we can work.

Hope this helps,

Dave

SofaKing

Chimp
Apr 12, 2006
Don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
'cept neither the plastic guides, not the alu backplates are magnetic. Just sayin'...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The LG1+'s are pretty close, but not shipping just yet. Right now our USA production line is full bore on SRS+ systems. We are between 2 and 4 weeks out on LG1+'s depending on how fast we can work.

Hope this helps,

Dave
Will the LG1+ be available without the Taco? There are some shots of prototypes floating around that don't have it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So we have a few more weeks until people start complaining that they can't install it?

I don't get why its so hard to install a chainguide. If you're not smart enough to figure it out, or at least read the instructions, I doubt you're smart enough to even get a chain installed on your bike and need a chainguide in the first place.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The new LG1 does not use the "Taco" per say. It uses a new direct mount bashguard, and it is the only one that will fit on the guide. It is an integral part this time.
I know, but there was a pic in one of the print MTB publications that showed and LG1+ with the lower guide mounted on an aluminum backplate like it is used in the SRS+ and no taco. They said it would weigh 99 g. :banana:

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hey guys,
The LG1+ comes with a taco. Its integrated into the system. There might be a way to cross the LG1+ with the SRS+, but I wouldn't imagine much weight savings (if at all) considering how light the direct mount bashguard is already.

I'm also reiterating that the LG1+ is still 3-4 weeks out. The SRS+ will be shipping next week.

We're also planning on making an installation video set for both the SRS+ and LG1+. It really is amazing how simple these guides are to install, between all the torque settings etched on the backplate and slider adjustment markings on the LG1+. The SRS+ is a set and go affair.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Thanks, so it is SRS+ for me! :cheers:

Hey guys,
The LG1+ comes with a taco. Its integrated into the system. There might be a way to cross the LG1+ with the SRS+, but I wouldn't imagine much weight savings (if at all) considering how light the direct mount bashguard is already.

I'm also reiterating that the LG1+ is still 3-4 weeks out. The SRS+ will be shipping next week.

We're also planning on making an installation video set for both the SRS+ and LG1+. It really is amazing how simple these guides are to install, between all the torque settings etched on the backplate and slider adjustment markings on the LG1+. The SRS+ is a set and go affair.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Umm,.. hey guys i have a question.

I swallowed my magnet on accident. I heard it can pinch my intestines closed or something? Is that bad? What should i do? my guide won't be here for 2 weeks though.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pat... again.
OK

Hehehehe

HBGCS

Chimp
Jul 18, 2008
Jeremy, I was just wondering the other day where you had been / what you've been up to.. :)

Hope this helps,

Dave

Who is this "Dave" guy that knows all?

Dave

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Umm,.. hey guys i have a question.

I swallowed my magnet on accident. I heard it can pinch my intestines closed or something? Is that bad? What should i do? my guide won't be here for 2 weeks though.
Stay away from the front of the fridge, you could get stuck and get a cold belly.

One last question about the new guides;

Can it be installed with out removing the cranks?

:happydance:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
It looks like you could on some cranks, but then we just return to the saw sawzall again with the old one :clue:

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Hey Dw, did the backplate on the 09 srs change? I saw a oem one that looked much lighter- more machining around the iscg holes and on the back of the back plate too?

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
You're joking right:brow:

Dave.....dw.....dw link....Dave Weagle?
I do believe that he's joking. I also believe that he works for Hayes Bicycle Group, hence the username. Anybody in the bicycle industry has got to know who DW is.

And about the new lg1. Is there a confirmed weight, with all hardware (icsg bolts and everything)?