Quantcast

New Elka Suspension Website

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
Please don't see this thread as a shameless plug but rather as a way to provide reliable information to as many riders as possible.

We have just launched our new website at: www.elkasuspension.com

There's been several requests from riders asking on which bike models our products are compatible and I have posted that information in the MTB section of the site: http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=mtbstage5

Here's a direct link to our current application list:
http://www.elkasuspension.com/downloads/applications/ELKA-MTB-ApplicationList.pdf

Please note that this list is being updated daily as new bike models are added.

Also, feel free to post your questions below and I will come as often as possible to answer (if the admins and moderators allow it!).

Thanks!

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Site looks really good Pat!!

Absolutely loved my shock this season!! Cant wait to order another one up for the new bike!

Louis R.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Very detailed in every way:thumb:,it's great to see how many bike models are on that list that you can have a elka shock for.

awesome website btw:thumb:

KillerSloth

Chimp
May 15, 2009
It says the site is down... Will an Elka fit a 2006 Rotec RL9? There are clearance issues with the DHX I believe, but a Roco WC (what I have now) fits. They made changes to the rear to allow room for different shocks in 2007.

May 16, 2008
Interesting that they chose to sell there shocks directly from there website. Kinda cuts out distributers and the local bike shops.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Please don't see this thread as a shameless plug but rather as a way to provide reliable information to as many riders as possible.
honestly it IS a shameless plug but oh well it's not my website and personally i don't care...

your website looks nice though and very good information about the products :thumb:

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Nice work on the website. I wish more manufacturers would have useful info on there websites.

This is not a shameless plug. This is one of the ways to do business in the 21st century and get information to existing and potential customers.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Interesting that they chose to sell there shocks directly from there website. Kinda cuts out distributers and the local bike shops.

They sell through your LBS as well. Nice that they offer either option IMO.
If you don't have access to a shop that sells their shocks, you can go direct.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Why do you need spacers to run a stock spring on some bikes that are listed for the elka shocks?

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
The spacer is needed on some bikes if the rider wants to use their stock spring with our shock. It is mostly bikes using a stock Revox shock as the Manitou spring diameter is slightly large than ours.

The spacer prevents the spring from moving sideways, which could cause it to rub against the body and/or reservoir.

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
We are still in discussions with a major UK distributors to finalize details. This distributor will cover shops. We can always accept direct orders until then and either process or relay to the nearest partner.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
I noticed that there were no Scott Bike listed in the application chart. I have a Scott Gambler. Is there any chance you have a shock that will work?

michar

Chimp
Nov 16, 2009
hey, i am ridin a elka stage 5 shock in my bike since this summer, very glad to have one! i received my shock vom zumbi in poland..but i live in germany! i think after the next season it's time for to service the shock..should is send it to canada or is there in europa a possibility to get it done? send it to canada is very expensive from here...

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
your application list has quite a few errors, maybe we'll see a 763mm stroke shock in the future but not quite yet..
Thanks for noticing, we are working on a revised version today, will be posted soon.

I noticed that there were no Scott Bike listed in the application chart. I have a Scott Gambler. Is there any chance you have a shock that will work?
We have a few units out for those but are still awaiting feedback to ensure the tuning is perfect before we release those to the public. They should become available in a few days/weeks.

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
do they fit later model turner dhr ??
I have been playing with a Stage 5 on my 08 DHR for most of the summer. There is slight contact between the frame and hi & low speed compression adjust knobs.
Elka is working on a solution to this for Turner owners who want to run the Stage 5 shock.

They have a DHR tune already developed and it offers a large improvement in performance over the stock Fox DHX.

will d

Chimp
Dec 27, 2007
I have been playing with a Stage 5 on my 08 DHR for most of the summer. There is slight contact between the frame and hi & low speed compression adjust knobs.
Elka is working on a solution to this for Turner owners who want to run the Stage 5 shock.

They have a DHR tune already developed and it offers a large improvement in performance over the stock Fox DHX.
Ok cool, sounds good, could you run it the other way round and remove a small amount of material from the link?? i know this is what a few people have done to fit a BOS. Got any pics ??

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
As 1soulrider mentioned above, we are working on a special knobs kit that would allow the fitment on the DHR without requiring any modifications to the bike. For obvious reasons, we wouldn't want to sell any product that requires removing material from the frame or linkage.

Pat Tellier

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
Montreal, QC, Canada
Unfortunately, no.

There is interference between the knobs and the x-braced linkage. Some riders have cut the brace to fit a shock but we don't advise to do so and will not sell shocks for that bike model.

michar

Chimp
Nov 16, 2009
i trie it again...is it possible to get my elka stage 5 serviced and updatet in europa? or is it only possible in kanada! i bought my shock at zumbi in poland..actually i live in germany..