Quantcast

New Fall Guy design

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
sexy, but i kinda liked the curved rear. :(
yet its still beautiful simple and sexy. and LIGHT.
i will 100% upgrade my current tonic to this sucker.

when landon, when?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
wow wow i'm on the list...is there a list yet, i want in!
i dig the old curved drops but those are mighty nice too.

prana.ferox

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah, if anyone as a good condition current Fall Guy they want to get rid of to pick up one of the new ones, let me know. I'll pay handsomely... especially if it's one of them blue ones.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Yeah, if anyone as a good condition current Fall Guy they want to get rid of to pick up one of the new ones, let me know. I'll pay handsomely... especially if it's one of them blue ones.

I got one of the blue ones...:brows: Id only consider letting it go once I know what the availibity is on the new frame....

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
[/IMG]

Still recovering from the Helter Belter.

How about a low altitude Proper No-can?

Yup, that's the new Fall Guy.

I miss the double bend stays too, but this new frame is sooo tiny there's really no room for them. 14.25" chainstays, 9" c-c seat tube. It's possible to go shorter, but this seems to be a sweet spot. Stable enough for trails with plenty of pop for slower speed stuff. This bike can be built LIGHT.

Everything else is the same. Might build a few "Tall Guys" for gorillas and people who prefer long bikes like myself, but the current TT length reallyworks for most riders.

Availabilty? Near future.

"You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer..."

-L

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
How about a low altitude Proper No-can?

Yup, that's the new Fall Guy.

I miss the double bend stays too, but this new frame is sooo tiny there's really no room for them. 14.25" chainstays, 9" c-c seat tube. It's possible to go shorter, but this seems to be a sweet spot. Stable enough for trails with plenty of pop for slower speed stuff. This bike can be built LIGHT.

no-can over a dirt spine? so nice, doyle-esque extension.

put me down for a raw one landon :clapping:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
oh damn, you know it. I love that fork, that guy has some good skill and taste.

Have you ever thought about offering a rigid fork Landon? I bet you would get a lot of orders with new frames.
OR... go the extra step and make the Fall Guy a cruiser... :lighten:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
OMG... yeah, that would really be the treats... That teardrop fork up front (I'm guessing it has clearance for a 2.3 or 2.4 tire) mounted to a Tonic built frame with 9" seattube, 15" chainstays, 22" TT. Mid BB and 14mm axle drops in the rear. It's the type of bike I've been wanting to see for about 10 years now.

Cru - I know your t-downs are dialed but you'd get them 270 like Doyle on a ride like that.

jjchgo

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
i have 3 cruisers which i think is pleanty enough. but if they made a fall guy based cruiser i wouldnt be able to stop myself from adding one to my collection.

cheers,

jj

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
[/IMG]

Cruisers are fun, but I think we'd build a 20" before a cruiser.

Probably a lot like the FG: V-brakes, our DO's, and low slung.

"Cruiser Brian" showed up at the Helter Belter. I've ridden with him some at Burnside, and he can definately ride.

I don't know what kind of bike he rides, but I think he runs Cruiser Slams. Works for him.

-L

njdeadhead

Monkey
May 16, 2007
Hey Landon what is the TT and the Headtube Angle and wheel base going to be on the new fall guy. When you sad it can be built LIGHT how LIGHT is light ?

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Geometry Changes: Chainstays and Seat tube are 0.4998" shorter.

Top Tube length/angles/BB height are the same.

I dunno how light a new FG could be built. A pound lighter than the current bike. With cruiser race wheels and rubber, I'd guess pretty light.

-L

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
man o man.... i'm almost ready to give up them bent seatstays for the new Fall Guy... too damn sexy.

anyone interested in a used fallguy? :)

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Might build a few "Tall Guys" for gorillas and people who prefer long bikes like myself
Any new thoughts on the "Tall Guy" Landon?

If you ever finish and deliver t1maglio's FG so I can check it out in person I might get real serious about one.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i really really like the look of the new fall guys...It's funny im pretty much a dedicated 26" rider, and the howie is more than i could ask for at this point but as i ride more and more park i can see why 24's might be nice at some point.

I thought i would never say that...