Quantcast

New Fall Guy design

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
more wheel options with discs? like 30 different rim options for rim brakes is not enough for ya?
Last time I rode w/ discs I always felt I had to be real careful with them when riding ramps - slip near the coping wrong and there goes a disc rotor. I couldn't imagine riding street with them - I don't think they would last 1 ride near some concrete.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I like disks when they are super weak, but I'm with V-digit on the rim brake thing. Now maybe if I had the rode version of the bb7 I would appreciate it more, but I'm excited to try out my new XTR v-brakes.

Lol, I remember saying that about 10 years ago as well.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I like disks when they are super weak, but I'm with V-digit on the rim brake thing. Now maybe if I had the rode version of the bb7 I would appreciate it more, but I'm excited to try out my new XTR v-brakes.

Lol, I remember saying that about 10 years ago as well.
x4 on the rim brakes. Just no need for discs on a street/park/DJ bike. That, and since I want to go LSD my 1st choice for these uses will always be V's.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
am I the only one that wishes they had disc tabs?
yes. :pirate2: well, apparantly not really, but I'm still with the others looking at you funny from the other side.

Maybe the only reason you see more disc options is because that's what you look for. Isn't really the case.

I agree with stoked. If you got the coinage and want the rotors, go with the superco... even though I'm still just a hair skeptical of their geo./thin tubing.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yes. :pirate2: well, apparantly not really, but I'm still with the others looking at you funny from the other side.

Maybe the only reason you see more disc options is because that's what you look for. Isn't really the case.

I agree with stoked. If you got the coinage and want the rotors, go with the superco... even though I'm still just a hair skeptical of their geo./thin tubing.
personally i like the tonic a bit more than the superco just seems that the lines are bulky but not overdone which i like...I totally hear what everyone is saying about the lack of need for a disc on a bike like this and you are entirely right.

I look at it one sided because i almost never ride ramps i ride strictly dirt or indoor jump lines. I also come from an mtb back ground where brake snobs are all over the place.

I just get visions of a fall guy with a 140mm rotor :drool:...I doubt it will happen with the howie out. Props to tonic fab though