Quantcast

New finds in old places

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's amazing that after riding a place 100 times, you can still manage to find things you've never seen before. Me, MBC, and tonyhawk rode our local convenience spot after work today, and tonyhawk showed some new things he discovered.

We rode for about two hours and I had nothing in the tank today. It was still a beautiful night to be out.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC fall down go boom! :D The bike landed in perfect upside down position.

But she was fine, and here she rides down a trail we'd never noticed before.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Finally, tonyhawk led us down this trail that we'd passed a hundred times before and never noticed was there. It's quite well hidden behind a few boulders and trees.

The roller was sketchy but fun. I took a peek before rolling down it, and tonyhawk soon followed. I'm glad I went down before thinking too much about it. I probably wouldn't have tried it if I eyeballed it from below.

That's all.

:)

splat said:
Looks like that Pic of MBC needs to be added to the Crash thread.

Looks like fun too!
The crash was classic. I dropped of that log on the right there and went over the handlebars. My only thought was "THE BIKE IS GONNA LAND ON ME" so I stuck my foot and arm in the air and yes, the bike landed next to me, leaning up on my foot - just as it sits there. I was laughing so hard I couldn't stand up.

You had to be there. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Coolness.

i'm usually pretty good at having a sixth sense for spurs in the trail. That's why i know so many trails and have ridden off the beaten path so much. It's a good quality to have i suppose, that curious dumb voice in my head that says "Where dat go?"....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Man I wish we had more rocks around here. Cool shots. Actually I have been crashing a lot lately. Maybe I should just stay here. I like to explore too....

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
wow, those pics came out great! super-fun ride last night. I still can't believe there are trails there that we hadn't been on before.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
You are all required to show me the new goods the next time we ride there.

MBC you tried going over that log with the rock perched on it!? It needs some kind of rock on the other side to make it smoother.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
MMcG said:

MBC you tried going over that log with the rock perched on it!? It needs some kind of rock on the other side to make it smoother.
she made it last time ...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:

She would have made it on a Moto Lite. I think the Blur is limiting what she can do technically. :p

That last roller is real sketchy. The picture does it no justice (they never do).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Reservoir was crowded last night. I told TH and MBC that I saw more people on the trails last night than on my laps at Dalton last year. And I wasn't kidding.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
The Reservoir was crowded last night. I told TH and MBC that I saw more people on the trails last night than on my laps at Dalton last year. And I wasn't kidding.
well at Dalton, everyone is (hopefully) going in the same direction...and not stopped! :wonky2:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
crash test said:
You can actually drop to the right of that roller. It needs more of a tranny though...

Fun little detour route.
how come you never told me about it? I just found it on Monday. stoopid crash test keeping good trails to himself ...