Quantcast

New Fixed Gear Build Thread

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
I picked up an 80's Schwinn world sport 10 speed the other day for 50 bucks. Turning it into another fixed gear. Going to just build this one, sell it, and try and break even.

I cut the cable guides off, rear fender mounts, and the fender/kickstand mount from the chainstays. Going to do this one up in Martini Racing livery. So Dark blue frame, light blue lugs, some red accents, white Weinmann Deep V's. All the parts are on order and I'm painting it up this weekend hopefully. Should be done by the following weekend.

Martini Racing Livery

Last edited:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Get a turbo tourch and pull the rear dropout's and replace them with horizontal drops , make it a real track bike !!
Also cut off all the older cable guides and replace the kickstand bracket with a cut tube spreader !

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Ok finished. I hate the bars on this bike. They will be getting replaced with some pursuit bars or something similar.

Paint came out pretty well. Definitely not track geometry. Look at all the space between the rear wheel and seat post :plthumbsdown:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
To anyone who cares; I want to paint my frame but I'm unsure about the color I'm thinking matte black or white (has to be a rattlecan color please don't say rootbeer) here is what it looks like now, I was going to leave it old school but after getting it built it looks pretty shi**y what do you think?
Side note- I didn't build it to try to be joe scenster ride to starbucks and type on my laptop guy so don't get the wrong idea.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Cut the cable bosses added some toe clips. Its freaking cold but I've managed to ride it a few times, its an amazingly fun and smooth ride. Cranks are pretty sketchy though, I'm gonna replace them with something cheap but strong soon. Undecided about the paint still , I think I might leave it vintage. Also added a hidden ghetto headlight so I don't get run over (in theory anyway)
edit- someone flip the pic for me por favor.

Ral Mack

Chimp
Jan 28, 2009
NICE.

Hey Squadracorse........

That rig is still a Schwinn under that sick paint job.

It just screams....... "my head badge...wheres my headbadge?"

Last edited: