Quantcast

new fork

Nov 9, 2005
i'm looking to possibly upgrade my super t and was just wondering what experience people have with the 40, the boxxer world cup, or the avalanche, or anyother fork.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
gregminar said:
Ya, my guess is your another one of those SB kids, i highly recomend using the search function.
Funny thing is that you are an "SB Kid" as well.

I would suggest a boxxer the new ones seem very nice. It all depends on your riding style and what you like the feel of.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
In all seriousness, it really depends on what you want to do. If you just want to make a tunnel bike, a heavy front end can be a real asset in keeping a line through the rock gardens. For this, I would recommend either an Avalanche DHF, A Monster T (used is the economy option), or a Stratos S8.

If you want a racier bike, the Fox 40 and Boxxer World Cup will both suit you fine. The Avalanche is supposed to be a good racer, but is a bit heavy at something like 8.2 pounds for the lightest version

For versatility, I would get an 888RC2X

sampo

Chimp
Nov 21, 2005
...except that the new 999r carts are unproven and the boxxcarts used to blow through their seals in about 17 seconds. Nice while they worked though, and a few people managed to avoid problems. Also, unless you are in the UK, tech support would be tricky. I'd wait until reviews of the 06 lines (esp. travis triple ti / 888RC2x ) come around and make your choice then.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
sampo said:
...except that the new 999r carts are unproven and the boxxcarts used to blow through their seals in about 17 seconds. Nice while they worked though, and a few people managed to avoid problems. Also, unless you are in the UK, tech support would be tricky. I'd wait until reviews of the 06 lines (esp. travis triple ti / 888RC2x ) come around and make your choice then.
The new generations of BoxxCarts do not blow up or blow seals. And even here in the US the tech support is great. Mojo responds quickly when I have emailed them and has responded to others I know. They also sent out a bunch of parts and instructions on how to do a self rebuild on the boxxcart for one of the people that has them. (his name on here is SuspectDevice). The boxxcarts feel awesome as well. I woudl not hesitate at all to buy products from mojo. they are just a little pricy.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
bballe336 said:
The new generations of BoxxCarts do not blow up or blow seals. And even here in the US the tech support is great. Mojo responds quickly when I have emailed them and has responded to others I know. They also sent out a bunch of parts and instructions on how to do a self rebuild on the boxxcart for one of the people that has them. (his name on here is SuspectDevice). The boxxcarts feel awesome as well. I woudl not hesitate at all to buy products from mojo. they are just a little pricy.
Now's a good time to buy, because the British Pound is in a slump - I was going to get a boxxcart, and the dollar price dropped about $15 over the course of a couple weeks.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i say you get dorado meshed together with the foes fork if you want to be really cool, this cool european compony are doing the modification to any of the 05 dorado and now you can get them for around 1 G

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
Ordered my Mojo 999R kit the other day-there just waiting for a batch of parts to come for them so should be here in the next few weeks. I'l let you know what there like when they arrive.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
gregminar said:
Ya, my guess is your another one of those SB kids, i highly recomend using the search function.

coming from someone named gregminar Ill take your word for it.actually I bet your from sb, o