Quantcast

New Fox 40 Clamps by Risse Racing Tech

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Transcend said:
I shoudl have a risse crown on my desk when i get in tonight. will post pictures

We know already ..... sheesh...

the risse stem allows for the new direct mount stem standard to be used. That was really the only point for the top crown. It gives you a choice, which is cool. I have a set ready to put on my 40 when i arrive home...and they will all go on my shiny new 224.
haha, shoot some pics when you get them. I planned to get mine finished, but we have all been too busy, same with BYO.... i was planning on just getting his... maybe i should just call risse and drop the $$ for one thats complete......

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
The radius of the handlebar is 15.9mm and the radius of the steer tube is 14.3mm, that stem could be as short as 35mm or so and that is about what it looks like to me in that pic anyway. I can tell it's less than the 50mm Thomson I run by at least a few mm's anyway.

ohio said:
That stem you're running can't be less than 40mm. Is it really that big a difference? It sounds from your post like the looks of it is more important than the actual reach. Well, 50mm is 50mm, regardless of what it looks like.

Twizzlerdh

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
The Risse clamps allow the use of a intergrated stem such as the Rock Shox boxxer uses. It allows for more choice in stem use, plus they are anodized instead of powder coated.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Twizzlerdh said:
The Risse clamps allow the use of a intergrated stem such as the Rock Shox boxxer uses. It allows for more choice in stem use, plus they are anodized instead of powder coated.
who in the hell powdercoats a stem or crowns. ghetto.