Quantcast

New Freecaster DH series

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
I'm not 100% sure about the format, but this is what I gather:

Saturday: Open registration, UCI Class 2 race, 200+ racers, 30 qualify for Sunday small final, not sure if top 20 protected pros compete, if they do they are cruising since they are protected?
Sunday: Small final for top 30, 10 qualify for Sunday Final not sure about UCI accreditation, not sure if top 20 protected pros compete.
Sunday: Final, top 20 protected pros + 10 qualifiers from small final, not sure about UCI accreditation, big purse.

I could be way off...
top 20 protected only race the final.

from the interview with ray posted earlier:

It's been reported that you'll protect the top twenty riders for the final. Does that mean that only 10 riders who are outside that group are able to qualify for each final?

Indeed. The top 20 riders are protected, as are top players on a tennis tournament. These riders can do training runs while others have to qualify to make it in the top 10 of the small final on the Sunday morning. These 10 riders are then part of the main final on Sunday afternoon.

Why protect the top 20 rather than having a free-for-all?

We want to protect the top 20 riders because we anticipate that those are world cup riders. We want them to focus on performing on one run rather than having to go through a qualification process. That will mean less stress for the world cup riders and hopefully will make racing DH1 even more compatible with racing the world cup.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
When you'll be able to watch DH1 and you won't be able to watch the WC, the WC will quickly not matter anymore.
as long as the quickest racers are there... this is why I haven't really watched the iXs cups in the past.

and... sorry for the repost. I try to be on the ball with these things, but that one slipped by. :oops:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so, i let my brain wander last night while reading this thread and having a few beers. Only 30 riders. Way less than what the world cups run (i think its 80?). With the amount of cameras, the smaller pool of riders, does this mean they'll be broadcasting a racers entire t2b run?

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
so, i let my brain wander last night while reading this thread and having a few beers. Only 30 riders. Way less than what the world cups run (i think its 80?). With the amount of cameras, the smaller pool of riders, does this mean they'll be broadcasting a racers entire t2b run?
In one of the articles it sounded like exactly that.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
that is the hope, plan and reasoning behind a smaller final according to ray. i believe he also mentioned a longer interval between riders to allow this to happen.

the interviews he's done have been informative, people should read them. ;)

May 31, 2008
Belgium
that is the hope, plan and reasoning behind a smaller final according to ray. i believe he also mentioned a longer interval between riders to allow this to happen.

the interviews he's done have been informative, people should read them. ;)
I realise that too much info kills the info :) A lot of the questions asked here on the forum have been addressed in various interviews. Become a fan of Facebook.com/dh1tv or visit www.dh1.tv and I'll keep posting info that was published in interviews so that all is at the source, on the official DH1 site

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have an aversion to Facebook. Does Google + allow you to create a site?

I still joined the facebook fanclub but I never check it. I will check out the DH1 website.

Ray, I sincerely hope this works out for you. Good luck.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Just curious...

How does this purse compare to UCI races?

- Prize money per DH1 Race € 11,025
- Prize money DH1 overall € 23,228​

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@Atrokz: I don't think it's that the UCI is passing over Bromont. I think it's that there are no promoters that are willing to put on a race that meets the UCI's requirements (especially monetary).

If DH1 can find a promoter willing to put on a race there, then I think we could be in business. I for one would definitely head down to watch (provided the caliber of riders is high).

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Numeric - one question. Is it allways that wet in May in Slovenia. Every world cup and this season start were horrible.

Aug 4, 2008
It's pretty much 50:50 for any given weekend in May, IMO.

But Maribor tends to have more sunny days than western part of the country - so It seems that WC just had a streak of bad luck.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Well this year I managed to get a "**** I need a neck brace" crash due to so much mud that I've came short on a jump I thought was impossible so I don't want to hit mud again there(not that I want to race but seeing the Dh1 live + riding the park would be great). The local hospital is pretty good though ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I didn't know it's called that way. Just had a nice talk with a doctor, a my back and finger x-rayed and my finger/arm put in a cast. Saint levers don't pop out as easy as formula :(