Quantcast

New Gear + 08 Deviant any good??

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Whats up guys, I was spending some $$$ on gear now that I finished up my Preston Build.

So I went with Lopes TLD Knee Pads, New 08 Rockgardn Flak JAcket and for a Helmet I had gone with the Oneal 707 but this thing was super heavy and it just didnt fit right on my head I ordered that one so never tried it on MISTAKE.... So I went to the LBS and they had this 08 Specialized Deviant in a cool Bronze color to match my brown Preston :cheers: Anyway I have always used Moto type Full face helmets like I had a Azonic Fury, tried to get this Oneal but it didnt fit right.. Anyway this Deviant fit great and is not to heavy , and its got some vents.... All around feels like a awesome helmet just wondering how it holds up to DH anybody have experince with this helmet crashes etc etc.. Thanks

Jun 20, 2007
I don't have one, but I have been considering it. For FR I still wear my old Giro Switchblade, and when I finally upgrade, the Deviant has the light weight and vents that I am looking for. When I DH I will wear my DH helmet.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Well I usually wear my Giro Xen but I got this for DH, I just cant take the Moto style helmets anymore I bought a nice new Oneal 707 and it just dont fit right.. The deviant feels great I like waering it rode with it today and its super cool the vents are great, just wondering how it would hold up to a big crash on my noodle God forbid....Knock on wood...

wanabe

Monkey
Mar 16, 2007
I have the 07' bronze and love it. Someone had an extensive article on this subject. It basicaly said, for most crashes a helmet like this is fine, it actualy does better at slow speeds(I think it was under 25mph). If you are realy haulin ass (over25mph) go with a DOT helmet.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Based on testing standards, the helmet should protect your dome just fine on any bike crash. However, the lack of serious padding won't make it the most comfortable crash ever (can't get something for nothing).

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Nice looking helmets, but all of the posts with people posting their broken Deviants made me shy away. The face gaurd portion have all been been really mangled which doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me. I hate to espec, but it sure seems like the Deviant is a better technical full face, and less a pure DH helmet. I went with a Remedy, and must say it is one of the best helmets I have owned.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Ive been on mine for a couple years now and its GREAT, I've taken some gnarly ass crashed and hit my head pretty damn hard with no problems. I am going to pick up an 08 becuase my old one is just starting to get a little thrashed, BEST HELMET IVE EVER RIDDEN

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Good to hear I like the helmet it fits great and is super venty.. Just want to make sure it will do its job... HEy the new 08 Flak Jacket from Rockgradn is great A++++ awesome..

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
As far as helmets go....Rockgardn Blacklite. Done. I used to hate helmets until I bought this thing. I wear it every time I ride, even DJs and such.