Quantcast

New Guy from Yakima Wa

TheMidge

Chimp
Oct 6, 2008
Yakima Wa
my name is josh and i am new to the whole bike scene. i used to ride bmx but havent done much in awhile. my buddy as got me interested in freeride/ down hill. i have no clue what to look for bike wise. he wants me to get a full suspension but since i am new and dont know how much i am going to get into and i looking for a decent hard tail. so if you guys could point me in the direction that would be sweet thanks.

dudeman

Chimp
Mar 28, 2008
Oly
You should be able to pick up a nice hard tail for about 500-800 (used) depending on what type you are looking for. IE a XC or DJ bike. A nice free ride or DH bike can cost considerably more like 2 times that used. It sounds you want to ride with your buddy so you will probably want a full suspension bike? I think it works best to describe the type of terrain you want to ride for suggestions. Since you are a beginner start off with a used bike since you will be crashing and will be upgrading later if you stay with it. Stay away from department store bikes.

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
He's right. Buy used, and buy what you can afford. Just make sure you use your resources before buying... otherwise.. you will spend double when you have to buy another bike LOL