Quantcast

New Guy Here

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
I just found this place and thought I would introduce myself.

Im Mike, I live in So-Cal. My first job was a bike mechanic back in 95. Since then Ive been riding and wrenching anytime I can.

I have several bikes in my quiver:

Yeti 575:

This is my main bike. Its mostly X9, and is fairly heavy for a Yeti because of the wheels on it.

Intense M1:

This bike used to be my main bike, but has become the loaner since I got my Yeti. I put a dropper seat on it since this pic.

Fatbike:

I pretty much made this bike, its not quite done. Its got 7" rear travel and 4 1/2" front travel. I am working on another fork that will have about 7" travel. This bike is a lot of fun, and feels unstoppable, but its 53 pounds!

Klunker:

and finally my Klunker. I just built this bike and it has terrible wheel flop. I need to figure out some way to fix this. But its only 22.4 pounds! Not too bad for a cruiser with a shock.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Spambot? Not sure what you mean.

I found this place while I was looking online for a long travel linkage fork. I found it here, and see that there is some good info.

Sorry if I come of as spam, or an ass. Its just that most of the other message boards I am on ask for some kind of an intoduction.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yes, a 50 lb fatbike. Where are you in SoCal? Rule #1 of RMclub....don't take anything personally. Unless you're MMike. Then it's all personal.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Thanks guys. I won't take it personally. I guess I'll have to figure out what Mmike is though.

The fat bike is super fun. But it's heavier than crap. And I take some big craps!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Thanks guys. I won't take it personally. I guess I'll have to figure out what Mmike is though.

The fat bike is super fun. But it's heavier than crap. And I take some big craps!
If you manage to make it here very long, you too will gleefully anticipate the "Hi, I'm a new guy" threads. Shenanigans always abound, as well as tons of inside jokes.

Eff MMike.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Ya, but I never actually said hi. So this thread is different. :think:

The fat bike started life as a mongoose beast from Walmart. First bike I've ever bought from Walmart, and probably the last.

Last edited:

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Hey kazlx, I tried to respond to your PM, but I don't see it in my sent items. Maybe I'm too newb.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Nice. The it got the screen name because I used to have a supercharged Volvo. Ya I know, I know...