Quantcast

New guy question

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Got rained out the first time up there a week ago but want to go back rally bad. My question is how crowded is it on weekends versus weekdays? This'll be my first "big" DH riding and I don't want to be that guy that holds people up or something like that. Thinking weekday may be better. Sure wasn't crowded last Friday:redface:

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Just go.... Ride... Weekday or Weekend... doesn't matter.. the lift moves fast.

Let me put it like this... Last week, there was a guy there with a K-mart Hard Tail Bike...

Just go ride...

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
yea... either day, youll have fun. Obviously it is less crowded on weekdays, but its not crazy packed on weekends, unless there is a race going on. Even then, everyone is on the race course then.

This weekend is gonna be beautiful. Go ride.

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
A few extra people around on the weekend might be a good thing. I always like to ride with and talk to new people. You might run into someone who rides at your ability level...........take few runs........help each other out. Just my $.02

toothpick

Chimp
Jul 25, 2007
the first time i went was on a weekend last month... don't worry about it. if you hear someone fast coming down behind you.... just pull over. if the weather is good i'll be there this weekend too.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Sounds good. Can't make it up this weekend due to family stuff but looking to make it up possibly on the the 24th, sounds like everyone's pretty cool up there.:biggrin:

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
to put it in perspective, it is nothing at all like snowboarding. on a really crowded day you'll have to wait a whopping 2 minutes to get on the lift, and you very rarely ride up on someone on the trails

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
to put it in perspective, it is nothing at all like snowboarding. on a really crowded day you'll have to wait a whopping 2 minutes to get on the lift, and you very rarely ride up on someone on the trails
That's cool. Haven't seen any of the action go on so that helps. Trying to be there the 24th of this month. Black Haro X3. Thanks guys.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Except me. I will push your face in the mud.

You've obviously never seen me ride. Trust me, I don't need yours or anyones help getting my face in the mud, I'm quite good at doing that myself. But looking forward to meetin' you just the same:wave:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Went Friday and had a blast! Good trails and if the lift had started on time, it would have been perfect. After my first real DH attempt, gotta say I'm alot more sore than I thought I'd be but it's all good. If the bike hadn't broke, I'd probably be in worse shape. Apparently, rear brakes make a huge difference! All in all, 1 gashed elbow, 1 broken bash guard and 1 blown rear brake. Priceless!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Oh, yeah, it was worth it. It seems that all I need are some new pads and a bleed on the rear and I'm good to go. As far as the bash guard, I only had a bash guard and no chain guides and spent a lot of time putting my chain back on the ring, so I need a new one with guides anyways. Was it me or does Alpine seem easier that Breakout? It was a lot more fun and seemed smoother and less rocky. Guess I'll just have to go back and find out:brows: