Quantcast

New Heckler / LG1 / Stylo Outboard Cranks?...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Trying to help a buddy get an LG1 mounted on his medium '07 Heckler. Cranks are Truvativ Stylo outboard bearings.

E.13 doesn't have it on the fit chart and I searched teh internetz to no avail. any tips as far as spacers etc???

Thanks!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Should be a no-brainer -

Start with ISCG adapter in normal config, mount the guide and check chain center on between top guide and on roller/cog.

Space out if needed.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Should be a no-brainer -

Start with ISCG adapter in normal config, mount the guide and check chain center on between top guide and on roller/cog.

Space out if needed.
From what he's telling me the crank is rubbing on the guide with no spacers and the spindle doesn't look long enough to engage if he adds a spacer. Before the LG1 he had no spacers so the spindle is already engaging less than it was before, if he adds another spacer it will only get worse.

I'm hoping someone who has this setup can chime in...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
From what he's telling me the crank is rubbing on the guide with no spacers and the spindle doesn't look long enough to engage if he adds a spacer.
Is it the small chainring tabs? Stylos are XC cranks so they might have to be ground off. I had this problem w/ Atlases.

Before you start grinding, call e.thirteen in the morning and double check.

-ska todd

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Is it the small chainring tabs? Stylos are XC cranks so they might have to be ground off. I had this problem w/ Atlases.

Before you start grinding, call e.thirteen in the morning and double check.

-ska todd
that's kinda what I was thinking. I will suggest he look for that.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Heckler 04-06: Use a 118 spindle to get more tire/backplate clearance if necessary. See Setup Instructions.

---

Copied the above from e13's setup page
( www.e13components.com/support_06fitchart.html )

I presume the same is true for 07-08 due to the 73mm BB shell.

If you run a tire loarger than 2.35, the lower guide can rub against the back wheel, or at least become a mud depot for the back tire to deposit in. Using the 118 spindle can help your problem and move the guide further outboard to clear the tire.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Heckler 04-06: Use a 118 spindle to get more tire/backplate clearance if necessary. See Setup Instructions.

---

Copied the above from e13's setup page
( www.e13components.com/support_06fitchart.html )

I presume the same is true for 07-08 due to the 73mm BB shell.

If you run a tire loarger than 2.35, the lower guide can rub against the back wheel, or at least become a mud depot for the back tire to deposit in. Using the 118 spindle can help your problem and move the guide further outboard to clear the tire.
The Spindle is fixed to the crankarm so the length cannot be changed.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Stylo's do not use a spacer with a 73mm BB shell and the current Heckler's use a 73mm shell. Therefore you can't use a BB mounted backplate with the Stylo's and get proper engagement with the non drive-side arm. If you want to run a guide, you will need to run a crankset that allows for a drive-side spacer to fit the backplate (FSA, Shimano, etc.). Hope this helps.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Stylo's do not use a spacer with a 73mm BB shell and the current Heckler's use a 73mm shell. Therefore you can't use a BB mounted backplate with the Stylo's and get proper engagement with the non drive-side arm. If you want to run a guide, you will need to run a crankset that allows for a drive-side spacer to fit the backplate (FSA, Shimano, etc.). Hope this helps.
This is correct.