Quantcast

New Intense Slopestyle bike

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
From a different forum.

Jeff Steber has been busy working on some new frame designs based on the feedback from our sponsored riders and you, the Intense family. This is our latest creation. Tentatively called the 6.6 Slopestyle. It has a slacker head angle and lower bottom bracket than the std. 6.6. I has replaceable rear dropouts and a beefier rear triangle. Planned production is late spring 07. Let us know what you think
It looks super sick. Well hope you guys enjoy.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
wow, that thread is 5 pages of people bitching about what slopestyle is and how its ruining the sport

all i can say is: that bike is sexy as hell and almost makes me wanna sell my imperial....almost.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i thik it is a badass lookin ride....i would have to go with Transition instead though.

isaacchdh

Chimp
Jan 19, 2007
that bike is just a bottlerocket with some intense decals put on it

its the same design
thats not cool

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm not sure i'll ever get a vpp bike, they all look nice, but they are expensive and the bearings don't last. i took apart my dad's linkage yesterday because he wanted me to check it out, and i couldn't believe it. despite great cleaning jobs with meticulous attention to the pivots, 3 of the 4 bearings on the lower part of the linkage were frozen. after 20 minutes with tri-flow and 4 rags, i had managed to get them partially moving again, while turning all the rags completely brown. the mud and crap that came out of there was just disgusting. his bearings got packed with crap in 8 months, and mine have been going strong for just as long with no dirt in them whatsoever. they were enduro bearings too, so they aren't cheapy ones. vpp seems to work well, but is it worth the hassle of bearings? even though i'm ripping on vpp right now, i have to say that the 6.6 slopestyle frame is growing on me very very fast. mini dh/freeride bike? that thing would rip on the trails with a domain or a 36 talas up front.