Quantcast

New iPod design leaked...

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
When they came out with the mini they showed that deisgn too. I recently got my 40gb warrantied, and wasn't given the option of getting the new design. I'm not sure I'll like the buttons all as one, it is easy to find the buttons now in a jersey pocket or while driving. Don't wanna confuse myself more than I am:(

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
i heard something about there being a lot of speculation about apple doing a video ipod there is alread a hard drive based portable video player and i think these might be the next "ipod" craze
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited:

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
More info:

From ThinkSecret.com:
The issue's cover, which features Apple CEO Steve Jobs holding one of the new iPods, leaked out last night and showed several of the previously-reported changes as well.

In a sidebar to Steven Levy's cover story "iPod Nation," which discusses the iPod as a cultural phenomenon, Levy describes the iPod upgrade.

"The considerably tweaked fourth-generation iPod will roll out this week, and Newsweek got an advance peek," he says. "It looks a bit different, operates more efficiently, has a few more features and costs less."

Drive capacities for the new iPod are the same, maxing out at 40GB. However, as anticipated, Apple will offer the models at lower prices. The 40GB unit will ship for $399 and the 20GB model will sell for $299, a $100 reduction in price. Apple is no longer selling a 15GB model.

According to the story, the new iPod features an enclosure that's a millimeter thinner and includes a streamlined click wheel similar to that of the iPod mini, as shown in the cover photo. The new models also boast a 50% improvement in battery life, to 12 hours between charges. None of the fourth-generation iPods will ship in colors.

The new iPod models also include "more efficient menus," such as a top-level "Music" entry and single-click shuffling of music libraries; users can also create multiple on-the-go playlists and delete individual songs from them. In addition, the story says that audiobooks are easier for users to find and can take advantage of features that play audio at slower or faster speeds while maintaining natural-sounding playback.
This looks like a really good update; better battery life, cheaper, better interface, and thinner.
:drool: :heart: :thumb:

McGRP01 said:
How is being on the cover of Newsweek "leaked"? Wouldn't that be more like "released".
McGRP01 - I said leaked because the guy that found it was looking at the current cover, and changed the week directory in his URL bar to the next week, and found the yet-to-be-released cover pic. He wasn't exactly supposed to have found it, it seems.

Dog Welder said:
hopefully I can get that through my warranty...since my Ipod just took a sh1t and erased all my songs.
Dog Welder - Unfortunately I read that apple tends to always give you back the same model that you had originally.