Quantcast

new jump spot and pumptrack in the winston area!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
I have been building on my land for a year or so. there is one jump line with almost 4 jumps completed. It is pretty flowy, there is a big berm in the line that is too much fun! I have also just put in a pump track. I have about three dump truck loads of dirt waiting to be moved. there is some good potential for a few more jump lines. I met a couple of guys from the area at the dual slalom race at dark mountain saturday, I was on the white transition double. If ya'll want to come by and check it out get in touch. I'll post up some pics soon. Later!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
these are the first two jumps then there is a big berm with two jumps after. I'm having some trouble getting the jumps after the berm dialed in.

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
I'm gonna do a little digging and riding saturday and sunday. If anyone wants to come by pm me and i'll give you directions. I want to get the first line completed and start laying out a 2nd jump line, I'm gonna try to do a long rhthym section with 7 jumps. Hopefully that will go quicker than the first set took to build.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I made it out to brad's on saturday for a little dig/ride session and i must say that this place is pretty sweet with the potential for even more rad-ness. all of the jumps are big enough to throw down on but safe and unintimidating. we worked on the last two doubles and some drainage issues so i'm not sure if the last set was complete for the folks that were supposed to come out and ride today (i was coming until the wife insisted on a emerald point day w/ the kids :D )

anyway, i snagged a few pics of the main dj line. you can see some of the pump track in the pics. it flows well as it is but a few extra shovels could make this place prime :thumb:
mucho props to garlic (brad) for making such a killer back yard that's not too far from mine :dance:

garlic over the table

garlic in the berm (note the double right after it that is still under construction)

yours truly perfecting the dead sailor

i have a short vid clip that is currently uploading to youtube, i'll post it when it clears.

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for everyones help, it was a blast, building and riding with everyone! I'm gonna start moving that 4th jump back tommoro. I think i've decided to move it back a few feet or more and add more dirt to the lander of the third jump. Trekbro about lawn darted it at the end of the day. Also that berm for the new line is alota fun! Thanks again for all the help.

Later

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone want to ride and dig this weekend. I'm taking down the tree in the berm and reworking the berm so it is not so tight. taking down the tree saturday so hopefully that line will be running sunday, I think the berm is gonna be alot faster and flowier. I almost have all the dirt moved it just needs to be packed and shaped, get the tree moved and its on!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Sweet! I should be there at about 1:00. Tree will be removed. The berm is close to being done. I'm gonna work on it again tonight! Anybody wanna come out tonight, come on! Later

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks to a fellow with a chainsaw, Manimal, Noah, Jeff B., Ethan, and I a lot got done. Tree in Berm is gone, berm is reworked and the pump track got a needed addition to a roller. I will be working on the jumps the rest of the day. If anyone wants to come by today or tommoro give me a call! Later

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
some pics from yesterday to include the fixed berm. even with it being soft yesterday it is waaaay faster than it was, not nearly as tight.

berm before:

berm after:

noah had his first taste as well and tore it up after just one practice run :thumb:
first double set-up

table

ethan

ethan testing out the berm

that berm is going to make the stuff after it so much easier. i think brad was saying that we're gonna have to move the step-up back a bit and the first hit after the berm might turn into a bigger jump.

vid of noah hitting the line

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
A big THANKS! to everyone who came out to build and ride, alot got done and good times were had! I'm pretty stoked no one rake planted a face!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
I've been working on the jumps this week. I think the step up will be dialed by saturday! That line will be complete, New lines will be started. If anyone wants to ride saturday and or sunday call me or message me.

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Howdy,

Got some work done this weekend. The main line is hooked up now, will be rolling really good next time ya'll come over! Also built a new lip that connects into the 2nd jump lander, can be done as a hip about 14' or more or a straight on jump about 11' or more. It will be fun for sure! Get that dialed and we'll put a jump before it, Ya'll fellars with the skills come help me figure this one!

Thanks to Brandon and Noah for giving me a hand and shredding it up! Man, Noah did the Gnarliest nose wheelie down the table top, he can recover like no other!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Gonna have a little ride session this afternoon 5:00 until. call me or message me if interested. every thing is running good and there is a new lip to hit up!

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Hey whats up dan, gonna ride saturday, come on down. Mangler pm me for some directions if you can come this weekend. Everything should be riding good!

Garlic,

I heard you had a pretty cool thing going there in ws. I live in oakridge. I saw a couple weeks ago where you had put the call out to dig. I wanted to help but time is of the essence. Anyway, I woud love to check it out some time if I ever get the time.

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Hey Dan,

Ill probably ride early saturday and may head to bullits and help him dig on his stuff later. Skyboss come on out sometime!