Quantcast

New Leatts

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Not sure if these are the new specific DH MTB Leatt versions there's some subtle differences, info on this site as yet or anything up on the Leatt site yet, CRC lol

Ive asked our local Leatt guy the goss will update if I find out before any of you quick monkeys get there first!

had a reply these are specific MTB series, release due in near future, piccs are hard to tell the differences didn't get any more info out of em but they're not just a mock change, the platform was already god so be interesting to see just where the full changes are the clamps and areas leading into and behind look a bit different to my GPX and the rear looks different slightly but hard to tell from these images alone.

It sthe only leatt option on CRC now too.

Some other nice goodies they're. like a water bak for neck brace compatibility and a brace bag oh yeah

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51447

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51448

:thumb:

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Dang just bought one of the old ones off ebay...
Did the same... But I do like more my black one :)
Any info about details of bicycle specific design?
"Due In Stock 02/06/2010" - too late for me.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Theyre are differences I couldn;t get any info out of the Leatt rep he kept away from that question but he was very excited about this line, hard to tell from piccs but agree with all above they are subtle and all that's needed the platform is a great base so be interesting to see!

I'm a unashamed big Leatt fan and will update my GPX with a DBX comp as soon as I get a heads up from the rep :rofl:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Theyre are differences I couldn;t get any info out of the Leatt rep he kept away from that question but he was very excited about this line, hard to tell from piccs but agree with all above they are subtle and all that's needed the platform is a great base so be interesting to see!

I'm a unashamed big Leatt fan and will update my GPX with a DBX comp as soon as I get a heads up from the rep :rofl:
looks to me like a GPX with the low profile paddig kit which is available since last year or so.....

michar

Chimp
Nov 16, 2009
looks similar too the normal brace with low padding kit! i'm riding this low padding kit on my brace and never had any problems while riding downhill or anything else!

jammie654

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
Scotland
As said i have seen one and it is basically the exact same as the older one but with thinner padding and slightly different buckles but im guesing the Leatt rep will tel you some bull**** about how it has been designed for mtb yadda yadda, BS ;)

Also they look cheap and crap with those colours and decals. I will be staying with my GPX club anyway

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Lame. It was never the padding that made the difference for DH. It was the ability to lower the rear shelf.

I'd still stick to a standard Leatt - the older models - that have adjustability.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
As said i have seen one and it is basically the exact same as the older one but with thinner padding and slightly different buckles but im guesing the Leatt rep will tel you some bull**** about how it has been designed for mtb yadda yadda, BS ;)

Also they look cheap and crap with those colours and decals. I will be staying with my GPX club anyway
Ahh well the rep did tell there is some other diff but not exactly what, the back plate does look wider and its hard to tell if more adj!

If ya worried about looks there's heaps of decal kits and padding its available for the GPX and these no doubt I don't see what the big issue is there!

It didn't need a total redesign my GPX works awesome for me, but lets not get too critical until someone can directly compare geez lousie :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
From what I understand, same as between GPX and Adventure.
Looks like you may be right, but the irony then would be the RIDE is more expensive than the Adventure by ~ $50.00. Granted it comes with the MTB "specific" pads, but you're losing adjustability of the shelf system. It would seem to me, you should STILL buy the GPX and change the shelf around it that is the case.

But hey, both the new bike specific models come with THIS!!:

"New bicycle specific box"

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
But hey, both the new bike specific models come with THIS!!:

"New bicycle specific box"
:rofl:

Nice one, I hope there is more to it than that, my rep assured me there was, it does not help them if this is the case!

So I guess until someone can directly compare its e speculation again!

I just wonder what my Bikes HA will be like with either ;)

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
So i think let's dig up this thread again,Chainreactioncycles has a bit more info on both the new DBX Leatt's.

DBX Comp Features:

• DBX – New line from LEATT® only for bicycle. Downhill, BMX, Mountain bike!
• White/White
• Additional colours by sticker & padding kits are soon to be available.
• New padding design only for Bicycle.
• Super low profile padding
• Bicycle segment Icon on front of brace
• New bicycle specific box and bicycle specific manual.
• Not for MX/Enduro/Offroad use due to different padding.
• CE approval

DBX Ride Features:

• DBX – New line from LEATT ® only for bicycle. Downhill, BMX, Mountain bike!
• DBX Adventure II with exclusive Lycra low profile padding
• Grey/Grey
• New bicycle specific box and bicycle specific manual
• CE approval

Last edited:

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Wouldn't thinning the padding and allowing more clearance kinda defeat the purpose of the brace? I have a GPX and it works fine with the adjustments slammed, but seriously, if it adjusts lower and lower wouldn't it soon render itself useless? And if they found out the braces are capable of having more adjustment range with equal protection, why not re-vamp the GPX and call it version 2? Seems like they notice the market will see "bike specific" and spend extra coin to get that one.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
So i think let's dig up this thread again,Chainreactioncycles has a bit more info on both the new DBX Leatt's.

DBX Comp Features:

• DBX – New line from LEATT® only for bicycle. Downhill, BMX, Mountain bike!
• White/White
• Additional colours by sticker & padding kits are soon to be available.
• New padding design only for Bicycle.
• Super low profile padding
• New bicycle specific box and bicycle specific manual.
• CE approval

DBX Ride Features:

• DBX – New line from LEATT ® only for bicycle. Downhill, BMX, Mountain bike!
• DBX Adventure II with exclusive Lycra low profile padding
• Grey/Grey
• New bicycle specific box and bicycle specific manual
• CE approval
as said, nothing new beside the padding and of course the very important Bicycle segment Icon

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Im interested in the bag, decent bag for full face, leatt and seperate pockets for knee pads, gloves and goggles would be awesome.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51451
that does sound nice, but for $107 that is a lot of money for a helmet bag. my Leatt fits around my TLD helmet bag pretty well so spending $107 on something like this is a stretch.

the new latch system looks a bit bigger to grab with gloves on. i wonder if they changed anything else with it.

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
So does the DBX comp not have any of the adjustment than the gpx had? Would I be better off going for a GPX?

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Talked to the Dutch Leatt Brace distrubutor a while ago and he said they are the GPX Club modells with the thinner padding that come stock.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
So does the DBX comp not have any of the adjustment than the gpx had? Would I be better off going for a GPX?

DBX Comp
The DBX Comp is based on the original Leatt-Brace® GPX Club, the one that made our name. The DBX Comp is fully adjustable to suit most individual rider needs.

The Leatt-Brace® neck brace is a revolutionary system designed to help protect a rider against various forces on the neck during impact, namely the over-bending of the head and neck in a forward, backward and sideways direction by employing patented Alternative Load Path Technology™. This technology helps disperse impact forces away from critical areas onto less vulnerable areas of the body and is pivotal to the design of the Leatt-Brace®.

Other key features:

• The DBX Comp features a low-profile shape designed specifically to meet the specific range-of-motion needs of cyclists.

• The brace is constructed from glass-injected Nylon, whereby microscopic glass beads are infused into the plastic to increase its bond-strength. This makes for a controlled, stronger brace, without compromising the wearer’s safety.

• Certain parts of the brace are constructed from carbon-fiber that is reinforced with Kevlar®. This helps prevent the parts from shattering and sharp edges to protrude.

• At the back of the brace, fitting firmly on the muscles surrounding the spine, sits an engineered thoracic member that keeps the brace in position during an impact. This strut is designed to snap off at a certain force (roughly, one third of the force it takes to injure the spine).

• The rear-upper support acts as a crumple-zone, giving way under a severe load.

• A unique cut-out section ensures the brace and helmet helps avoid contact with the collarbone.

• Rounding off the construction of the brace is shock-absorbing Bio-foam. Biomechanically designed to help cushion the chin and contain the brace material in an accident, Bio-foam is also fully replaceable and machine-washable.

• The brace features two red-coloured clips that identifies emergency openings to paramedics.

• Leatt-Brace® is the only neck brace system that is CE certified (according to Personal Protective Equipment directive 89/686/EEC) and every product has been chemically tested and certified, so it is free of lead and other harmful additives.

• Maximum adjustability on the DBX Comp brace is achieved through six independent adjustment points and the brace is adjustable to suit most individual rider’s needs, as well 2 sizes small and medium.

• Weight: approximately 790g ± 50g.

The DBX Ride is our entry-level bicycle-specific brace. The DBX Ride features limited adjustability and is permanently set to the medium position.

The Leatt-Brace® neck brace is a revolutionary system designed to help protect a rider against various forces on the neck during impact, including the over-bending of the head and neck in a forward, backward and sideways direction by employing patented Alternative Load Path Technology™. This technology helps disperse impact forces away from critical areas onto less vulnerable areas of the body and is pivotal to the design of the Leatt-Brace®.

Other key features:

• The DBX Ride features a low-profile shape designed specifically to meet the specific range-of-motion needs of cyclists.

• The brace is constructed from glass-injected Nylon, whereby microscopic glass beads are infused into the plastic to increase its bond-strength. This makes for a controlled, stronger brace, without compromising the wearer’s safety.

• Certain parts of the brace are constructed from carbon-fiber that is reinforced with Kevlar®. This helps prevent the parts from shattering and sharp edges to protrude.

• At the back of the brace, fitting firmly on the muscles surrounding the spine, sits an engineered thoracic member that keeps the brace in position during an impact. This strut is designed to snap off at a certain force (roughly, one third of the force it takes to injure the spine).

• The rear-upper support acts as a crumple-zone, giving way under a severe load.

• A unique cut-out section ensures the brace and helmet helps avoid contact with the collarbone.

• Rounding off the construction of the brace is shock-absorbing Bio-foam. Biomechanically designed to help cushion the chin and contain the brace material in an accident, Bio-foam is also fully replaceable and machine-washable.

• The brace features two red-coloured clips that identifies emergency openings to paramedics.

• Leatt-Brace® is the only neck brace system that is CE certified (according to Personal Protective Equipment directive 89/686/EEC) and every product has been chemically tested and certified, so it is free of lead and other harmful additives.

• The DBX Ride features limited adjustability and is permanently set to the medium riding position.

Weight: approximately 850g ± 50g.

Ride comes in 2 sizes small and medium