Quantcast

New Lid

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Concussion last saturday wearing my D2. It's been in one or two other somewhat significant wrecks, but nothing like this. There is no visible damage to the helmet asides from scratches from before mentioned crashes.

Do I really need a new helmet? It was a strange crash, very fast, but landed and came to a dead stop...don't even think my head actually hit the ground, it was just the decelleration of my body and subsequently my head afterwards which caused the concussion. I didn't literally wreck and slam my face into the earth resulting in a smashed up helmet.

Soooo many dudes continue riding helmets after wrecks and I realized sitting in the hospital that you're supposed to replace after ANY wreck, even if you can't see damage. Marketing / health interest? What's up here?

I'm 99.5% sure that if I use this helmet again I'll be fine...but then again it is my head we're talking about here. Thoughts?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
from the crash you described, i'd go with getting a new lid. It'll be cheaper in the long run than hospital bills for brain damage.

LokiLopez

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
London
I'm still using my Full Bravo after my crash, I broke my jaw and had a concussion(3 days at the hospital).

Still I checked, and recheck and saw absolutely no damage whatsoever.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
bcd said:
is the foam cracked/dented inside?

if not you can still use it IMO.
not at all, and I agree with you. I'm just relegated to sitting around for the next week gettin the noggin' some rest and just thought to throw the question out there. Looks like most agree.

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
put that D2 on the shelf, and get a DOT for real.

D2's make great 'trophy' style adornments for the family mantle. thats where mine is. all shiny from my last win I had wearing it.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
i think you can send them back to tld and they can inspect it and tell u if u need a new one or repair the current one

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
It is possible to get a concussion without your head hitting anything. best bet to to send it to TLD for them too look at, other wise a new lid probably would be best since you're not sure if you hit it or not.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
It's your freakin head! Why take a gamble like that with your brain? Have it checked and get a new one if need be.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
this is taken from the d2 owners manual: "accident replacement policy: if you damage your d2 helmet in an accident within 2 years from the purchase date, it can be replaced or repaired for a maximum of $250.00 plus $6.00 postage and handling. send the damaged helmet and an explanation of the events that lead to the damage, along with contact and mailing information to our consumer service center. you will be contacted after the damage has been evaluated"

well since u got a concussion u probably have some time before you can ride to let ur head get better so why not just send it in and see, it couldnt hurt to do so