Quantcast

New Look Rogue

Yangpei

Chimp
May 31, 2005
Pasadena
I recently decided to change the look of my Ellsworth Rogue. So, I swapped out a few parts to add some color and built up a new wheelset (with a spare hubset). I really like the way the bike turned out. But, unfortunately, I don't get to ride this bike much. I'll have to plan a trip to Mammoth soon.

Attachments

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
Good looking bike for sure!

Those bikes pedal really really well. With a front derailleur and 34t rear cog you could use that as an all-mountain bike.
What's the weight? 36-37?

I've got a friend who built on with a 888, Hussefelt bars, stem, cranks, 36h wheels(front wheel was 1350g alone) and his came out to 37lbs with lots of weight to be lost but he's been trail riding it and debating selling his HiFi 29er because of it.

-Kevin

Yangpei

Chimp
May 31, 2005
Pasadena
As it stands with DH wheelset and DH tubes, she is about 38 lbs. I had it down to about 36 lbs with a lighter wheelset / Stans sealant before. My Rogue also has the older rear dropout / solid steel thruaxle, which is heavier than the current bikes. Even so, it does ride amazingly well for a big bike. I can definitely use it as a trail bike if I don't mind climbing with the extra weight.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Nice bike. Screw the warranty, that is a rock solid suspension system that will last a long time. I never had one issue with warranty through Ellsworth FWIW.