Quantcast

New lounge rules.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
There is a small group of people that have ruined this forum with their incessant juvenile posting and generally abrasive attitudes. From now on - these posts and threads will be removed without warning and repeat offenders will have their accounts revoked.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Ihave been so freakin busy the last month that I have had almost no time on any computers, much less surfing RM.

I guess I will count myself lucky for not being subjected to a pile of poo (crappy threads).

BTW, I am back :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YAY! Instigator & Shrymp are back n' posting!

Also, with the new rules, I might be able to read more threads at school...I keep getting the "error" this thread contains too many questionable words/images from my server ;)

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I'm sorry for my sins........I never realized that a message board was so serious. I try to give helpful advice on bikes, or fitness. I thought the lounge was more "fun" I guess was wrong. This is starting to be filtered like MBA. Is RC in the house or something.

mtbdirteater

Chimp
Oct 19, 2003
over the rear tire
I've gotta say something here. I really don't want to see another pic of the contents of someone's toilet.

I'm not perfect either, but we do need to use some moderation here. I like comedy and beautiful women too, but RideMonkey is being run into the ground lately with much of what looks like toilet humor, off topic controversy and just plain tasteless smut that quite frankly has absolutely nothing to do with the forums, so let's chill, eh?

I'm in this here first and foremost for the mountain biking. Getting a little more than we bargained for here recently though. And I think many of these off-topic threads, posts and pics are wearing this place down beyond reason now, the comedy is getting more difficult to extract and it's getting harder to find usable content here anymore without some common sense restraint with the non-stop horn-dog themes. It was funny and mildly entertaining at first, but you have to know when enough is enough.

It's enough now. Chill. Go ride. Too much of anything in excess is no good. :dead:

Dave

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by Lexx D
I thought the lounge was more "fun" I guess was wrong.
You need to remember that the lounge is enjoyed by a lot of people. Male, female, young, old, beginner, pro, parents, children, pot smokers, cops, etc. All we ask is that everyone is respectful of the other members.

If you think a message board is boring without vulgarity and name calling, perhaps this is not the message board for you.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Echo
You need to remember that the lounge is enjoyed by a lot of people. Male, female, young, old, beginner, pro, parents, children, pot smokers, cops, etc. All we ask is that everyone is respectful of the other members.

If you think a message board is boring without vulgarity and name calling, perhaps this is not the message board for you.
I'm not to vulgar and don't want alot of potty humor. i just ingore alot of the bs. I agree some filtration is needed. I've been a culprit of stupid shyt and realize it was pointless. All I'm saying is some people are overly sensative to comments. I'm just thick skinned and it takes alot to offend me.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hey ive been better the last week or so as well. i am trying to tone down the avatar and such. not to say it wont ever be a woman again but.....any way i think that there needs to be some jovial stuff in the lounge or get rid of it all together. i personally like to hear about people and their lives on here. it gives much insight as well as provides me with a never ending barrage of smart aleck comments to keep me in check. however i do not agree with the flaming that sometimes happens here or the fat chicks in thongs.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Happily my hiatus from my bike, and RM also, have made it so I missed most of what's been going on.

Funny thing is I still wrench on bikes at a shop - just no time to ride.

I appreciate the mods here - they are good at knowing when enough is enough, but are generally tolerant.

BTW, boobs rock.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Wow, looking at my profile, I just realized I've been on RM since November '01.

Just upping my post count here.

As you were.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20
Wow, looking at my profile, I just realized I've been on RM since November '01.

Just upping my post count here.

As you were.

what ever happened to the free fork that i gave you?didyou get it working?

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by biggins
what ever happened to the free fork that i gave you?didyou get it working?
I've been looking off and on for parts - I need to get a list together to send to Manitou to try to get all the seals and bumpers it needs.

After I pulled it apart it was apparent it would be a back-burner project - the elastomers were like chewing gum inside.

Welding class takes all my spare time these days.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by reflux
keep up the good work people. until the end, that misquote thread was probably one of the best i'd seen.
The misquote thread was pure genious, I agree :D

As for the lounge, really I come in here because, well, Im at work and bored as hell... its cool that it is filled with MTBers that ride a lot and can always talk about things that involve pedals and wheels, buit its also cool that we talk about other things too because apart from being MTBers we have a lot of cool people on here that have diverse interests.

I was gonna write more but...

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
The misquote thread was pure genious, I agree :D

As for the lounge, really I come in here because, well, Im at work and bored as hell... its cool that it is filled with MTBers that ride a lot and can always talk about things that involve pedals and wheels, buit its also cool that we talk about other things too because apart from being MTBers we have a lot of cool people on here that have diverse interests.

I was gonna write more but...
yeah and it is his fault that my posts are always off track cuz he is the one who emailed me and told me to post in the lounge cuz it is friendly to those who are new to biking... guess he was wrong! :angry: :think: :D j/k

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
I'm glad that this process is being dealt with without mass bannings like last time. This way the whole percieved controversy will be forgotten about quickly. Everybody types away happy....
Wait what are we talking about again?.....

Personally it really wouldn't be RidemonkeyDotCom with the windows left open all the time. I personally like it stuffy, it inspires me....;) :devil: