Quantcast

New Magura's....**Gustav**

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
nice!
Im getting some off my sponsor house deal sometime soon, i hope.

:-)
let us know how you like them!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Gustavs are the shiz. That is all. :spam:

Great stopping power. Replacement pads are reasonably priced...just don't bend the rotor by crashing...they're NOT reasonably priced. Nor are the adapters. But the calipers last forever so I guess it's a trade off. I set mine up with the Louise FR levers. They give a more positive feel than the Gustav levers. Best of both worlds!!

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I had some on my Enduro. Lots o'power. I sold them and bought Codes and the Codes hadn't lived up to the power of the Magura's but I had only ridden them about 3 times before my bike got ripped.:disgust:

The only complaints were that in the winter you have to clean the posts the caliper floats on every so often.
And once they are clean the calipers rattle just a bit. The noise bugged when I didn't know what it was, but once I knew I never noticed it again.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
The only problem with that is the sponsor price for Magura's is like full retail for anything else.
I'd tell you the price...but I've been called out on here for doing that to much. But lets just say, its less then I could get juicy 7's for, to buy gustav's ('07).

If your sponsored by Magura, Im under the "A rider" catagory. :clapping:

:imstupid:

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Replacement pads are reasonably priced...just don't bend the rotor by crashing...they're NOT reasonably priced.
I was just thinking about that too. Is it a crazy idea to use a different rotor from a Magura to run with the Gustav M's? I mean, the difference would only be the disc's thickness and the lever reach could always be adjusted.

Jun 18, 2004
I had some on my Enduro. Lots o'power. I sold them and bought Codes and the Codes hadn't lived up to the power of the Magura's but I had only ridden them about 3 times before my bike got ripped.:disgust:

The only complaints were that in the winter you have to clean the posts the caliper floats on every so often.
And once they are clean the calipers rattle just a bit. The noise bugged when I didn't know what it was, but once I knew I never noticed it again.
Let me know if your codes are for sale

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
I'd tell you the price...but I've been called out on here for doing that to much. But lets just say, its less then I could get juicy 7's for, to buy gustav's ('07).

If your sponsored by Magura, Im under the "A rider" catagory. :clapping:

:imstupid:
hahaha, who cares. just post up your price, if i like it, it may be worth me setting up a sponsorhouse just for well priced brakes, all you need is a picture and some BS about what you want to accomplish and your ¨sponsored¨

i use to have a sponosrhouse, then 2 weeks later i realized it was gay. . . .

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I was just thinking about that too. Is it a crazy idea to use a different rotor from a Magura to run with the Gustav M's? I mean, the difference would only be the disc's thickness and the lever reach could always be adjusted.
I decided to run a Hayes 8" rotor on my rear (which is a Louise FR caliper...) and it's .03 thinner than the correct Magura rotor... I had a noticeable loss in pad life... The rotor didn't have the heat dissapation properties that the Magura did....in return, I buzzed through a set of rear pads in about 2/3's the time...

I didn't notice any other adverse effects from running a non-Magura rotor. I have since switched back to just running Magura with Magura.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
I decided to run a Hayes 8" rotor on my rear (which is a Louise FR caliper...) and it's .03 thinner than the correct Magura rotor... I had a noticeable loss in pad life... The rotor didn't have the heat dissapation properties that the Magura did....in return, I buzzed through a set of rear pads in about 2/3's the time...

I didn't notice any other adverse effects from running a non-Magura rotor. I have since switched back to just running Magura with Magura.
Cool. Thanks for sharing your experience with the Hayes rotor. I guess I'll just have to stick a crowbar into my wallet adn pry loose a few more coins... :hmm:

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
i use to have a sponosrhouse, then 2 weeks later i realized it was gay. . . .
Hahaha. Word.
Had mine for a week and got like 12 offers from different companies (Bombshell, F.U.N.N., Hayes, Truvative, bunch of others). I didn't even have a picture up!
Once I got an offer from RST thats when I realized is was a waste of time.