Quantcast

New Member, New Ride in SB

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Hey Everyone. I just wanted to say whatsup and introduce myself since Im new here. My name is Colin and I live in Goleta and have been in the area for 5 years. I just graduated from UCSB last June and am working in the real world, and live with my GF who rides also. I have probably met some of you SBers at the Elwood jumps a time or two, as thats where I mostly have ridden lately. However, I just got a new setup so that should hopefully change.

As for my bikes, they go as follows:
1999 Santa Cruz Heckler: XC/Trail bike for the longer rides (Little Pine etc)...Shorter stem, riser bars and Specialized seat.

2002 Specialized P2: Light freeride/DJ/Street ride. Hayes 9's, 721 rims, DMR chainguide, diabolous cranks, xtr rear derailleur.

And my new project..... 2005 Giant Faith 1: 66RC fork, DHX rear shock, Hope M4 front/mini rear, deetracks front, formula/729 rear, E.13 guide, diabolous cranks, DX platforms, X.9 derailleur & shifters, syncros derived post, bel air RL saddle, Easton bars, thomson stem, maxxis front and rear. And most importantly, my custom made M12 solid carriage bolt rear axle.

I am definitely interested in meeting people who ride in the area for some DH/FR rides, shuttles etc... I dont have the best car for shuttling (EVO 8) but I can drive stick and I dont mind kicking down for gas/lunch etc. Ive been browsing the site and the info is good, and some interesting stuff to read for sure.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Hey, welcome to the monkey! My name is Patrick.

That's my azonic evolution. I ride everything on it: dh, dj,urban, ds, xc trails...

We should go riding sometime. Are you going to race at Firestone?

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Yeah, I am definitely planning on making it up for that. Ive been really stoked to ride as much as possible lately. For some reason my comp isnt letting me upload stuff for image hosting right now, Ill try my pictures another time though.

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
yea im out in SB sometimes, you have an evo8? such a nice car, haha, if you ever want to hit tunnel, let me know I think your car could make it

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Ive driven out camino cielo (and some potholed fire roads) before in my car, im not worried about that :) Just the fact that the rear seats dont fold down and I dont have a rack yet! If you guys wanted a 'test' ride in my car, let me know and we can drive stagecoach one night.