Quantcast

New... Misfit Dissent

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
So, after what seems like too long, my Misfit is done. Wheels took forever to build, but it's all good now.

1st quick ride today. Fun and stiff, big wheels are really where it's at for XC type riding! LX brakes are suprisingly powerful and have good feeling. Have to switch rear cog for something easier for my legs! For now, very satisfied, especially for a frame and fork that I payed 350$

Specs:
Large Misfit Psycles Dissent 2008 frame + fork
Wheels: Mavic A317 Disc on Shim XT hubs
Cranks&BB: XTR M952
Stem: Thomson 70mm
Bar: Salsa Moto Ace
Headset: Cane Creek S3
Brakes: Shim LX Hydro
Tires: Michelin XC AT
Seat: San Marco Apside
Seatpost: Ritchey
Surly cog and KMC chain

Last edited:

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Will share ride thoughts soon, but I had to send the frame back 'cause it was off center. I only had one tiny ride on it yet, so better feedback soon.

bigwheel

Monkey
May 24, 2004
Canada
what size frame are you rolling?
It's a large... 19" seat tube, 24" Eff tt.

ZoRo - What part of the frame was off center?

I've also recently built up a Dissent. They're certainly fun to ride. Stiff and responsive, carves singletrack like a dream.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
It's a large... 19" seat tube, 24" Eff tt.

ZoRo - What part of the frame was off center?

I've also recently built up a Dissent. They're certainly fun to ride. Stiff and responsive, carves singletrack like a dream.
Turns out the frame was ok. It was my bad all the way. :huh:. I had the wrong rear brake bracket and it was throwing everything off center. Rookie mistake I know...

Anyways, rides like a dream, but a full alloy rig, especially the fork, is really stiff! You have to pick the good lines when you ride. Makes you a better all around rider I guess! I would seriously think about putting up a suspension fork (80mm Reba) for longer rooty and rocky rides.

The geo is spot on and it's pretty light too. I don't have a "scale" pic, but I would estimate something between 22 & 24.

Overall, a great and really fun bike.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2008
The Shores
Nice rig bro, is it a 19? If so how tall are you? I'm considering this frame for a 29er ss build, I'm 6'3 so maybe a 21? How do you like it all around?

Thanks, Corey