Quantcast

New monitor... Yay for color correctness :)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I blew out my big 22" sony and I couldnt pass up the Electron Blue for only $350 even if it is only a 19. The color and the tightness of the image is just SO good. Had an Electron Blue II at the old agency back in 2000... the IV is actually a little more crisp.

I always loved the hood :D Just looks neat.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Maybe you need more icons on your desktop?

Nice monitors, I had a 20-21 back in the day but turn off those freaking fluorescent lights!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stinkyboy said:
Maybe you need more icons on your desktop?

Nice monitors, I had a 20-21 back in the day but turn off those freaking fluorescent lights!
Doing concept sketches today... need lights on :p
Dont make fun of my desktop :mad:... its been busy around here and I'm lazy.

Thats what I use to have (21). I was going to go for something from the new flat panel Apple line but I just couldnt justify 2x the price for really what would probably have been a step down in image quality.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Lacies are my second favorite. It's what I currently use at home (Electron22BlueIV), but I miss the old Barcos. Flat panels be damned.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
I'm still pissed that sony quit making the artisans. i've had iffy luck with the Lacie's. Last one I had was not very consistant across the screen. the color was slightly different across different spots on the screen...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
pixelninja said:
Golgi,
Do you use any type of 3rd party hardware for color correcting, i.e. Colorvision products?
I used to use one of those all the time, and a woman in the office heard the suction cups coming off and thought I was cracking my knuckles and used to lecture me on arthritis, and told me to stop smiling, because it was very serious...
:rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
adobe gamma won't be accurate unless your monitor is calibrated to it... :nope: