Quantcast

New, much bigger and better panoramic picture

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I stood on top of a slash pile to get the best view and I took 17 vertical pictures. I turned over 180 degrees. I think the picture after a bit of work joining them together, turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think. (Note: it was a very bright day (about 2:00 PM) and this is about how everything actually looked, I dont think it looks very washed out like last time.)
The file is pretty big, so slow internet (like me) users be warned. :)
CLICK HERE

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
N8 said:
Nice!!!

:thumb:

Is that land being cleared for a housing development?

That land was obviously logged. In an abstract way I imagine it was cleared for a housing development. 2x4's have to come from somewhere.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jdschall said:
That land was obviously logged. In an abstract way I imagine it was cleared for a housing development. 2x4's have to come from somewhere.

Nice thing that pine trees are a renewable resource ain't it... :)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Does anyone know if or where you can print an image like this? I'm imagining that you'd want this photo printed about 6" high and 3 feet long.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
well done, dwaugh. the next step is to wait until there is dramatic lighting before even busting out the camera :) -- in many situations no amount of on-camera or in-photoshop trickery will make up for commonplace lighting.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
well done, dwaugh. the next step is to wait until there is dramatic lighting before even busting out the camera :) -- in many situations no amount of on-camera or in-photoshop trickery will make up for commonplace lighting.
i'll say it one more time.... Get that shot at dawn, morning, first light you know breakfast time....:)

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
ah....home.
Nice shot. I recognized it immediately.
No houses going in there.....yet. They've put in a culdesac down below there that is being primed for a few houses. It'll be a killer place to live while the trails are still there. According to some publication I read recently Bham had one of the highest housing appreciation rates in the country last year. They're probably waiting a bit to build to cash in on that.

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
Heya,
Sooo.... This is the first pano i've taken. it was on a 4MP Sony. What did i do wrong? I just had the camera on automatic mode. the sky was changing quickly as the mtn on the far left is the same mtn as on the far right. but i've taken other panorams not worth posting with a light source that doesn't change, but i still get the lines.

How do i take panoramics without the stupid merging lines? it's a cool pic but the lines are a drag.
the photo was merged in photoshop.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
HOOWAH said:
Heya,
Sooo.... This is the first pano i've taken. it was on a 4MP Sony. What did i do wrong? I just had the camera on automatic mode. the sky was changing quickly as the mtn on the far left is the same mtn as on the far right. but i've taken other panorams not worth posting with a light source that doesn't change, but i still get the lines.

How do i take panoramics without the stupid merging lines? it's a cool pic but the lines are a drag.
the photo was merged in photoshop.

You have to set your camera to manual and keep your exposure the same to avoid those lines

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
To avoid the change in color, just adjust brightness and contrast in each frame. All of mine were different to begin with. I saw that airplane too... can you see the moon? And there are other things too in the larger higher quality version you might not see on the internet version.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What program do you do that with? I want to try that sometime. Do you have to have a special camera or will a regular run of the mill digi work?

All those look good BTW. I really like the city one a lot!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
I just use Paint Shop Pro. It takes some learning and a lot of time to get it perfect, but I think it is worth it. Dual monitors sounds nice... but it is gonna be printed out.... 10 inches tall by 7'8" long. :D

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Bicyclist said:
What program do you do that with? I want to try that sometime. Do you have to have a special camera or will a regular run of the mill digi work?

All those look good BTW. I really like the city one a lot!

Try this,
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
if you really cant be bothered stitching it all your self to get results like
this.

This was all using a entry level Canon A400

The North Shore

Manhattan