Quantcast

New Mudvayne Album 4/12!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm so fuggin pumped on this. The 2 new tunes I've heard sound very good.

Other good news they are on main stage for Ozzfest, with Black Sabbath and IRON MAIDEN! (sorry, but that band demands all caps!) :evil:

"Olaf, do your metal face!" :D

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Zark said:
I'm so fuggin pumped on this. The 2 new tunes I've heard sound very good.

Other good news they are on main stage for Ozzfest, with Black Sabbath and IRON MAIDEN! (sorry, but that band demands all caps!) :evil:

"Olaf, do your metal face!" :D
YAY MUDVAYNE. I am Happy? now. hehehe

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm looking forward to hearing the new album. I wasn't so thrilled with the last one (End of All Things to Come?), but I absolutely LOVE LD50 and the Beginning of the End. I read an article that they're going toward a more mellow sound, at least with Chad's vocals. Ryan Martinie and Matt McDonough are just about my favorite rhythm section. Zark, do you have the Mastodon album, Leviathon? If not, acquire it immediately.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Enginerd A2 said:
Zark, do you have the Mastodon album, Leviathon? If not, acquire it immediately.
No I don't and I believe you mentioned them before. I do need some new tunes. :devil:

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
biker3 said:
Mudvayne is pretty much the gayest band around next to emo rock.
Makeup and theatrics aside, LD50 is a really good album. If ya like heavy music, don't knock it 'til you've given it a listen. Their bass player and drummer are really really good. And saying something is "the gayest around" pretty much invalidates your opinion in the eyes of any thinking person.

Zark: get Leviathon. I'll reimburse you if you buy it and don't like it. Because you will.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Enginerd A2 said:
Zark: get Leviathon. I'll reimburse you if you buy it and don't like it. Because you will.
Lol, wow with winning endorsements like that how can I go wrong? I'll check 'em out OK?!

biker3 said:
Mudvayne is pretty much the gayest band around next to emo rock
:rolleyes: wow, your opinion means as much to me as the coiler I left in the toilet.

RideFour15 said:
Mudvayne is the only band I like that I don't care about the guitar player
I call this the "Primus syndrome" where the super bad ass rythem section overwhelms the poor guitar player. He plays pretty stripped down stuff, not technically difficult stuff. Nothing wrong with that, he just fills the role that a bass player fills in most bands :eek:

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
I have the new album. You'll all be pretty dissapointed. It's still mudvayne so its still good but extremely subpar compared to previous efforts. LD50 still takes the cake by far and is one of the best heavy albums I have. The new stuff is rather generic. Simplistic song structures, nothing that blows your mind by any means. I've only listened to it maybe three times but that old funky, strange, ridiculous mudvayne musicianship and song writing are gone folks. Hopefully in time maybe they'll go back to what made them so damn unique and intriguing and out of this world but I don't think so. What band ever does?

If you want the album over aim or something just IM me... nixhexss

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Yeah, i saw the video of "happy?" on some music channel. It wasnt that great of a song. Lyrics were kind of simple.

And whats with that dude's really long guitar?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
mack said:
Yeah, i saw the video of "happy?" on some music channel. It wasnt that great of a song. Lyrics were kind of simple.

Only mudvayne song I've heard. Any of you care to tell me if all their songs are like this, I thought that song was weak....................

RideFour15

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
East Taunton, MA
Anyone heard the song "On The Move"?

It's an audio track of their DVD, not on CDs as far as I know, and is sick! They also did a mellow-ass song called "Goodbye" which is good.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So I got the new album, along with the new Mars Volta disc (haven't listened to that one yet).

The new album is a little mellower than I was expecting, not that its a terrible thing.
Overall pretty good, seems like they are trying to simplify their sound a little.

Determined-kick ass tune

Chicodude01, Happy? is one of their mellower tunes.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Zark said:
No I don't and I believe you mentioned them before. I do need some new tunes. :devil:
Check out the new Diecast album, Tearing Down Your Blue Skies. One of the best metal albums I've heard in many years. Off the hook drumming.