Quantcast

New Northstar Map and Photos

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Rolling that clipped in was religious experience. I made it and didn't dab, but I'm glad I'll be on flats this time:crazy: :cheers:
You used to be able to pin it through that section down that 'ridge' in the upper left of that pic.

So many people rutted out the chicken line that it's almost impossible to get up there now.

The truly awkward part is about 40ft below where that rider is. I've never been able to haul ass cleanly through that wierd notch thing.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
No way man, I want to ride in that thing!
Some friends of mine with a pimp full suspension tandem want to try to ride Northstar this year, I'll see if I can hook it up for you. :crazy:

That shizz is humbling, just getting down clean is a challenge - but man does it feel good when it happens!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Is this your buddy who tried to chop that tree in half with his nose?
Yep, with a different bike and different stoker.

They probably won't let them on the lift so they might have to ride up. Like I said: :crazy:

I've done some tandem trail rides but as soon as it gets sketchy I jump off the back and run behind. Tandems are hard to endo, but when it happens the stoker is like 12 feet in the air. :shocked:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Now that's comedy!
We did a poachy night ride on that thing one time on some hiking trails in Marin (tight, twisty, rocky steps, etc.). I can't remember ever laughing so hard. A couple of times my buddy didn't even know I had jumped off.

Being the captain is more fun, you get to scare the crap out of the stoker at will. But, hard to get used to not being able to lift the front wheel - you just slam right into water bars, random rocks, whatever is in the way. Also, I kept sticking my butt back behind my seat like on a single bike until the stoker reminded me that it was pretty much useless and not very pleasant for him.

Mr. Hankey

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Ohio
Oh sweet rocks, how I miss them so. :cupidarrow:

Soon. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I can't wait to be in California again. This time it is permanent. I hear Northstar is hella bad ass. Honestly I am from Ohio, anything with a chairlift must be good, but when it takes 2 to get to the top, then you know it is Epic. :cheers:

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
ill be there. cant wait. monday i get all the parts for my new ride, so northstar should be an interesting place to test that thang out. i was gonna ride clips but after seeing the pics and remembering back, flats might not be such a bad idea.....hmmm

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Plus sunglasses.

Not wearing goggles at northstar is about the stupidest thing you can do.
As well as armor....I actually bought a 661 core saver and some chicken wing elbows for the '07 N* season. I didn't wear elbows in '05 and got beat the f-up when I fell.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
I hate all of you who are close enough to ride it right now.

Is it just me, or is anybody else noticing a lack of Boondocks?